Walther Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well, laid out some cash for a shooter pre-war ppk.

buffed, blued, wood grips and gold accents - yuck. but, a good shooter.

going to replace the hammer and trigger for blued models.

thought about selling the mags, trigger and hammer to recoup some money and send the originals to someone who might need them. what are the mags worth? i know the hammer and trigger are up in the air as to price.

thoughts? de-plate trigger and hammer? and whats with native american heads on the grips?

·
Registered
3,390 Posts
Just to add: Grips are Sile made post war replacements, used by Indian Arms (John Perlotto). Mag extension is broken.

And I'm from Germany, no idea about any value.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
had not noticed the broken extension. thought they all looked like that. bad eyes.

is sile or indian arms still in business?

·
Registered
3,390 Posts
I do not know, it's up to you to check out my informations ;)

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah, i found lots of sile grips but no business or website.

Indian Arms (John Perlotto) found nothing.

thanks for the information

·
Registered
3,390 Posts
OK, Indian Arms (70's, USA) made some not really legaliced copys of the PPK w. a different slide. He (Perlotto) called it P.380.
Sile was OEM for Walther wooden grips in the 70's. These grips were equiped with the 'native american heads ' and used by Indian Arms.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
knowledge is power. i will increase my knowledge with that book.

thanks again

·
Registered
629 Posts
Are you certain it's a pre-war PPK? And you say it's a shooter...how many rounds, roughly, have you been able to shoot through it so far? Any issues?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
well, s/n is 190884k and the charts say that is 1939 manufacture. also, you can just make out zellis (sp?) on the slide.

i put about 75 rounds of ball ammo through it yesterday with the mags seen. no FTF or stovepipes.

i am new to this (walthers), so educate me if i am incorrect.

·
Registered
3,390 Posts
I agree, it's probably a 1939 made PPK acc. to the serial number. But as the slide is as buffed as it is, what could we notice? Perhaps or maybe... It's what it is.

·
Registered
629 Posts
It may be refinished, although that is fine, for a shooter. It looks like that to we.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 12 of 12 Posts