Walther Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I picked up my Interarms PPK/s #5097XXX out of ten days of layaway (obligatory photo below). After a quick clean up with Nevr-Dull the gun looks to be in used but darn good shape. Wear is minor and light. The original grips were cracked on the left side at the screw, and by coincidence my factory left thumbrest grips arrived today from Numrich. I'm not always partial to heavily shaped thumbrests, but this one puts my hand right where it needs to be. Either with or without the thumbrest the web of my hand is well out of the way of slide bite. When I hold the gun with my left hand it puts the web closer to the recoil of the slide, but still well out of the way. I'm glad that I went with the PPK/S as with the shorter frame of the PPK I would think that I'd be more apt to crowd the slide for possible bite. When I bought my Sig 232 I compared it to this very gun for ergonomics, but the gun has a great feel despite comparisons. I think the thumbrest adds to that greatly. The single action trigger is crisp more towards light with zero creep

This is one sexy gun. http://img517.imageshack.us/img517/6633/img2448ng5.jpg

·
Registered
69 Posts
New PPK/S

Congratulations on your new firearm!

Let us know how it shoots!

Mine shoots factory rounds just fine. However, I haven't been able to get it
to shoot my reloads reliably yet. I'm going to try some lighter weight bullets
this week.

I hope yours turns out to be one of the good ones that are reliable as well
as fun to shoot!

:)

·
Registered
91 Posts
Very nice looking weapon. Let us know how it shoots.

I like those grips. Do you know if they are available for a PPK (not /S)?

·
Registered
923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Very nice looking weapon. Let us know how it shoots.

I like those grips. Do you know if they are available for a PPK (not /S)?
I have only seen the for the S http://www.e-gunparts.com/DisplayAd.asp?chrProductSKU=971630&chrSuperSKU=&MC= (scroll down)

BTW, my front sight has a red dot. Is there supposed to be a corresponding red bar in the little recess on the back of the back sight below the notch? The red is missing from the recessed dot at my safety, so it will be time to get the paint out.

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
Front and back sights should have the red/orange paint in them.

Looks like a clean nice pistol! Congratulations!

·
Registered
923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks guys. The real test will be in the shooting, but until I can get to the range I'm just thrilled to have it. It really is in wonderful condition. I can tell from the way that it was maintained that someone shot it and valued it. It's one of the few used guns I've acquired where gun grease was used (and gun oil). Some swear by it.

This sort of rectifies a mistake I made many years back. I had a client offer me a PPK in lieu of some legal fees that I was owed. It was pristine original German and by and large brand new. Taking the gun didn't feel right so I passed (biting my tongue). I've thought about that gun since, from time to time, but it just didn't feel right.

·
Registered
729 Posts
Sharp! You need a little tiny itsy bitsy dab of red Testors Model paint in that little indentation by the safety/hammer drop lever. It won't fire without it!

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
Que,

You are fortunate to have such a nice pistol. I had ocassion to examine a PPK/S by S&W today. It looked to be of good quality, but some of the parts appear to be regular steel with chrome plate. In addition to the beefed up tang to prevent hammer bite, the whole grip has been enlarged to the point it looks like a Walther with a thyroid condition. It felt awful in the hand to boot.

Before considering buying the S&W I would would be willing to pay twice as much for an original German Walther and a third more for one like yours.

By all means get some of that red paint!!

You done good!

·
Registered
923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks again. I'm really pleased with it so far. It was one of the two PPK/S (the other a S&W) that were laying in the case next to the Sig 232 that I picked up earlier. I really needed to buy that Sig to remedy a mistake that I made years ago with a 230, but I just couldn't get the PPK/S out of my mind. I plan on shooting both guns side by side for the first shots and the comparison should be interesting. The construction of both guns is incredible with the Walther having a richer look, sort of like it belongs in a museum.

So, my Walthers have expanded to include a P1, P5, PP Super, PPK/S, P22, P99, P99C, and my half Walther SW99 in .45.

Maybe next year I can do a P88.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Que:
"Maybe next year I can do a P88."
------------------------------
I'm betting more like next week given the pace you have been setting. :cool:

·
Registered
43 Posts
I also just purchased a used PPK. The red dot is missing on mine as well. Let me know which color of paint you get and how it works out for you, please.

Thanks,

·
Registered
923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Que:
"Maybe next year I can do a P88."
------------------------------
I'm betting more like next week given the pace you have been setting. :cool:
Nah, I'm done for a while. The PPK/S and Baby Eagle was it for the foreseeable. Steyr isn't cooperating with an S357A1, and I'm waiting on the PPS until the jury is completely in. Other than a P9S, Hk4 and Desert Eagle (to replace the ones that I sold), there's nothing else calling out to me, and they aren't happening so quick. I'll save my pennies for the next round and buy lots of ammo. In the mean time I've got plenty to keep me busy. Heck, just my Walthers alone....

·
Banned
7,055 Posts
Maybe next year I can do a P88.
Ewwwwww...might want to think long and hard about that one. When they were still available I handled one. I couldn't understand why they didn't sell well (the price was also a factor). Then the gunshop guy said to grip the gun and try the trigger. I realized then that the grip was ENORMOUS. You better have "gorilla hands" or fingers as long as that vampire in the movie "Subspecies" if you want to shoot that thing. Either that, or find some slimmer grips. It's not as bad as a Desert Eagle, but it's sure not as comfortable as the P99.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

1 - 15 of 15 Posts