Walther Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My new grips came in today from http://abc.eznettools.net/cgi-bin/ez-catalog/cat_display.cgi?25X300536 . I think these are some of my best pictures yet.

The new grips make this gun feel 100% better. They fit straight out of the box. I didn't have to do anything with them, it was a straight swap. They also came with a longer screw to fit the extra width. I was trying to use the factory screw until I figured out I was't suppose to lol. I can't wait to take it out to the range again. It's too bad I have to work this weekend.

I have a picture showing the thickness of the new grips if anyone is interested.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I recently installed the same grips on my blue Manurhin PPK/S. They feel and look great! I've not had mine out to shoot yet, but I'm sure it will be very comfortable. Enjoy. Great pics, BTW

Big Spider

·
Registered
69 Posts
Serial number?

They look great!

The only problem I see is that they cover the serial number. Perhaps one or
more of the LEO's that frequent this forum could tell us what they
would do if they found a gun with no visible serial number?

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,808 Posts
They look great!

Thanks!
Keep a small screwdriver handy ... and don't do ANYTHING that would cause the police to have to look over you PPK/S

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
They look great!

Thanks!
The special anniversary models also have grips that cover the serial. It's not a huge deal since the serial is still there. It would take 5 seconds with a screw driver to prove it. :)

·
Banned
7,055 Posts
The special anniversary models also have grips that cover the serial. It's not a huge deal since the serial is still there. It would take 5 seconds with a screw driver to prove it. :)
Exactly right. Also what 153 said about not doing anything that would cause them to look it over. Cops for the most part are NOT gun experts. If they did ask about it simply telling them where the serial number is located would be adequate. It's when you physically REMOVE the serial number that things get flakey. :D

Dep

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
118 Posts
OOOOoooooooo !! Nice. Now that's class.

Will the pocket holster we discussed in another thread still work ? If it did accept the gun with the new grips, the grips would probably get scratched and worn quickly.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
OOOOoooooooo !! Nice. Now that's class.

Will the pocket holster we discussed in another thread still work ? If it did accept the gun with the new grips, the grips would probably get scratched and worn quickly.
It would fit but I wouldn't want to CCW with these grips. They add a lot of bulk to the gun. If you're trying to defend yourself grip comfort isn't at the top of your priorities so I'd just use the factory plastic grips.

·
Registered
118 Posts
OK. Makes sense. The great grips, then, are a "toy" that the gun wanted. Like a laser sight or night sights, etc.

My guns also want a lot of "toys". I guess it's like grandkids----spoil 'em while ya can.

(The grips still look great !! The gun has good taste.)

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
OK. Makes sense. The great grips, then, are a "toy" that the gun wanted. Like a laser sight or night sights, etc.

My guns also want a lot of "toys". I guess it's like grandkids----spoil 'em while ya can.

(The grips still look great !! The gun has good taste.)
I got them so I could stand to put more than 50 rounds through my PPK/S in one trip. :D

1 - 15 of 15 Posts