Walther Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked this up a few weeks ago.  I ordered the sights online, shipped them to my very accomodating local dealer and he installed them for me prior to picking up the pistol.

I've taken it to the range and am duly impressed with it's manageable muzzle flip and the intuitive nature of it's ergonomics.  I can't help but drop it on target, especially with the new sights.

For a 3.5" bbl I foud it surprisingly accurate as well.  Once I figured out the Big Dot sight picture at 15 yards I could easily drop all ten rounds well in the black of a standard .22 pistol target in fairly rapid succession(under 20 seconds).

I'm trying to narrow down the selection of IWB holsters between the F.I.S.T. #1A, the Bulman TSAT or the Highnoon Bare Asset.  Any suggestions?

·
Premium Member
4,590 Posts
Nice pics.... and sweet P99/c
enjoy

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Big Dave @ Oct. 28 2006,9:29)]I don't see the Walther on the XS website.  How did you order online?
Look under the Smith&Wesson section.  They accept the same sights, and, they include the Walther next to the S&W.

·
Registered
4,347 Posts
I am glad U like the sights -many people do. I tried a 1911 w/ them on the gun - and I hated the sights. After that, I am very reserved about trying non tradtional sights again. Thats why I won't buy a Steyr w/o trying 1 first....

·
Registered
335 Posts
I like compact 9's and shortly will be in the market for my next one..

I have a P1 & P5 and am growing fonder of Walthers all the the time, would the P99c be a good cc choice?

I'm completely UNfamiliar with the P99 series, so any input or advice regarding the compact versions would be appreciated.

Not trying to steal the thread, just looking for help.. If it's a problem, I'll just start a new thread..

Thanks!

J. Pomeroy

·
Premium Member
4,590 Posts
IMHO the P99 and P99c are both a superb choice for CC.
I find it more and more though that the full size just feels soo much better in my hand than the P99c .. with or without the fingerextension on the mag. But that's just me !!!!!
If you are only going to get one of the two, I would for sure try to fire both before buying it.
Also, it has to be mentioned that for a "full size" gun the P99 is not as big as many others. Last weekend I met a member from the PCT forum and we shot some of my Walthers and some of his .45's and a nice Ruger wheelgun. When I pulled out the P99 and he held it he asked me it if was the compact one.
I think it is in the eye of the beholder.....both are great 9mm

OK I am done.... somebody elses turn !!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts