Walther Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is my new, to me P99.

Thanks Brent! I added a couple of small things.

Namely, the AAC Evo9. Man is that thing quiet. Scary quiet for a 9mm.

·
Registered
149 Posts
How much does the canister weigh? I have never had the op to shoot a silenced weapon. A fake suppressor on a mac 10 is the closest I have come. But I was wondering if it was heavy and made your arm tired holding up the extra weight that the gun was not balanced for?
Thanks in advanced
Wagemage

·
Registered
57 Posts
So YOU were the one who bought Brent's AS? Tomovich and I will be by later to shoot it. :D

That is a sweet looking rig. I'm trying to put together the same thing for my AWC Warp 6 can.

Who made your barrel and what is the thread pattern? Correct me if I'm worng, but the Evo 9 has a built in recoil device, so that setup should cycle, correct?

What are you using for ammo?

Many thanks - Frank

·
Premium Member
4,590 Posts
How did you get that barrel so fast ??
Didn't you just place a WTB ad in the Forum for a P99 with threaded barrel ??

Damn that looks sweet.... I like it alot

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
How much does the canister weigh? I have never had the op to shoot a silenced weapon. A fake suppressor on a mac 10 is the closest I have come. But I was wondering if it was heavy and made your arm tired holding up the extra weight that the gun was not balanced for?
Thanks in advanced
Wagemage
I have never weight it, but their website says 10 oz (269g). Real suppressors are usually quite a bit lighter than the fake ones because they are basically hollow on the inside. To meet regs, a fake suppressor has to be a solid piece of tubing, and they are usually pretty heavy. Top one in the picture

There are some exceptions to the rule, like my KAC can for my Mark23. It's all steel and pretty heavy. On the flip side, it feels almost indestructable. :)

The p99 points very naturally with the can, and you barely notice there is anything on the end.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So YOU were the one who bought Brent's AS? Tomovich and I will be by later to shoot it. :D

That is a sweet looking rig. I'm trying to put together the same thing for my AWC Warp 6 can.

Who made your barrel and what is the thread pattern? Correct me if I'm worng, but the Evo 9 has a built in recoil device, so that setup should cycle, correct?

What are you using for ammo?

Many thanks - Frank
Heh! :)

It's a Walther barrel. Date code AD. 13.5x1 LH, like my Sig226R tactical and USP9 SD.

The evo9 does have a built in recoil booster. I only test fired 20 rounds, but it ran flawlessly.

Alabama Ammo Special K. It's 147gr subsonic. Powder ratios have been played with specifically to make it the quietest 9mm ammo. I reload too, but haven't been able to make a round as quiet as the Special K.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
How did you get that barrel so fast ??
Didn't you just place a WTB ad in the Forum for a P99 with threaded barrel ??

Damn that looks sweet.... I like it alot
Thanks Uncut!

I think it looks very 007!

I posted a couple of want to buy ads on several forums, and the barrel found me. As far as the P99, Brent helped me out with that. :)

·
Patron
212 Posts
I'm saddened and jealous.............but very happy for you! :) There are more P99's out there but that looks like a SWEEEEEET set up you have.

Congrats! ;)

·
Registered
32 Posts
mk23, congrats on your new setup!

I can't believe you got your barrel so cheap! I will soon have the same setup, except I chose the QA.
Does your gun cycle well?
I plan on using Remington UMC 147g. (990) fps.
I also have two Pilots coming for my P22 and my built 10/22.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
mk23, congrats on your new setup!

I can't believe you got your barrel so cheap! I will soon have the same setup, except I chose the QA.
Does your gun cycle well?
I plan on using Remington UMC 147g. (990) fps.
I also have two Pilots coming for my P22 and my built 10/22.
Thanks Rill!

I lucked on the barrel. :)

I now have about 200 rounds of Special K through it (147gr) and not a single malfunction.

I have an OutbackII for my Sig Mosquito and Oasis integrals. One on a 22/45 and one on a 10/22. Nothing beats the 22 for cheap plinking, especially suppressed.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts