Walther Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up my new P99AS, with full European ambidextrous controls from Earl Sheehan at Earl's Repair Service, just received 5. I am SUPER excited as a southpaw!

I went with standard sights (though he did get phosphorus and Tritium as well) because I bought TruGlo Tritium Pro sights labeled as for the P99/PPQ. I also added a third 16rd magazine (it came with two 15rd).

I see the TruGlo sight doesn't match the plunger/windage adjustable mechanism of the factory. The factory sight comes off very easily, but the TruGlo is very tight.

Does anyone have experience with the TruGlo Tritium Pro? I love the sights, but it would seem you lose the (easy) windage adjustment because they are held in place by friction?

I feel like I could install them myself, but have a gunsmith that will do it for $30.

Any assistance is appreciated!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I told them a year or two ago that I would love one "someday." They called me, out of the blue, a couple weeks ago and said they have five coming in and if I was interested? YES! They may still have some if anyone is interested. They had standard, phosphorus, and tritium sights.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Read Only
5,165 Posts
CA date code. Apparently Earl still has the hookup for the good. :)

I'm not a lefty, but I think I'd like a P99c with the ambi slide release, PPQ's SAO trigger and night sights.

Hell yeah.. ;)

·
Premium Member
8,647 Posts
The Tritium Pros are push mounted sights held in place by both friction and the allen screw in the center of the rear sight. If you have a sight pusher you can do the job yourself. I've mounted any number of them and it isn't a hard job.

I would not recommend tapping it in with a brass punch. While it can be done that way it is hard to get a go target zero on your sights.

Here is a post about installing night sights on a PPQ. These are the factory tritium night sights but they install exactly the same way the TFX Pros do. Post #21 has the details that might interest you: Factory Night Sight Installation

If you don't have a sight pusher $30.00 for a smith to do the job isn't out of line.

Reactions: artyldr01

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
If it's an Earl gun, why does it have Walther Arms Arkansas import markings? :unsure:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts