Walther Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just received a new CCP M.2 9mm the other day and took it to the range to break it in. After about 20 or so rounds of "9mm Luger 115 Grain FMJ Target Range - Winchester - USA9W," the gun started jamming.

Specifically, the slide would not return to battery, and instead would stop about 1/4 of an inch away. At the time, I didn't think about just pushing the slide until it was in full battery, and instead released the magazine and extracted the round. This happened at least a dozen times through the box of 50 rounds I had. It also happened once with five rounds of "9mm Federal HST 124 Grain JHP Hollow Point LE Ammo."

After I got home and thoroughly cleaned the pistol, the slide got stuck open while cycling it. It was only lightly stuck, and I merely pressed the slide forward to get it into battery. It's as if it's out of alignment or something.

If anyone has a suggestion as to why this is happening, I'd appreciate hearing it. Thanks.

·
Registered
628 Posts
Maybe call Walther customer support? I'm guessing they will say something like... make sure all metal to metal contacts are lubed (except keep gas piston dry) and shoot a couple hundred rounds. If it is still jamming, call back to get an RMA for warranty repair.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Specifically, the slide would not return to battery, and instead would stop about 1/4 of an inch away.

This is one of the malfunctions that I experienced with my CCP M.1 when I had it. I never did find out the cause or the cure. Mine didn't pull that trick as frequently as yours does, maybe I'd have that once or twice with every box of ammo. Which ammo brand, weight or pressure didn't matter,when it got ready to fail to fully cycle, it failed.

·
Registered
211 Posts
I mean this in no way as a reflection on you, but it happens to me as well, usually, this can be traced back to a loose or relaxed grip, after numerous mags you can get relaxed and this can occur
Just sayin
Before we condemn a weapon, we should check the human factor. I apologize, I did not read all of your post, if the slide sticks open I would contact walther.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I know what you are saying. My wife is new to shooting, and it seemed to jam up on her much more than me. I have no doubt that "some" of the jamming occurred because she was not holding the weapon firm enough. However, I'm a former cop and have been shooting handguns for more than 35 years. I held that sucker firm like I do every pistol and it still jammed a few times on me. Even after I got back from the range and cleaned it, and then cycled the slide a few times, it stuck 1/2 way while moving forward.

I will take it back to the rang again soon and see if just breaking it in will fix the issue. I hope so.

·
Registered
211 Posts
You may verify all of you ammo as well before next range time, being ex leo you probably know what i am talking about, but i will say it anyway, while disassembled, make sure every round drops in the chamber and comes out easily. I only say this because you trying to find a problem, and that will eliminate any malformed ammo.

·
Registered
211 Posts
I know on my ccp, after about 1000 rounds, i noticed that it would jam on every cycle, turned out that the firing pin broke off of the striker, so it would stay protruded out of the slide and the next round would get caught on it, and not let the round slide up into position.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Also, you might make sure that all roll pins are in flush for the sear and drop safety and the ejector, the slide bascally just floats on the barrel and the guide plate, (not sure if it is called the same thing on the m2 or not), but those are things that i would look for.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Some firearms are just really ammo picky as well. Aside from the other issues you were having.

For reference my CCP M2 would not run aluminum case ammo. My HK VP9 would not reliably run Federal Champion ammo. Hard/expensive part is finding what it likes and hoping that is available locally. The hollow points you are using have a fairly wide mouth and could be hitting the feed ramp at a weird angle or somewhere else. Possibly try a different hollow point, like a Hornady XTP or even a plugged hollowpoint like a Hornady Critical Defense to see if it makes a difference.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts