Walther Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi

This is my latest in the PP/PPK collection.

Hungaruian made PPK/E, hardly used.

Comments, observations welcome.

Attachments

·
Registered
136 Posts
PPK-E

I have a FEG, P9R in 9mm. If you look at the front it's a Browning Hi Power. The rear is a S&W Model 59. Fit and finish is first class with a deep blue finish.
It shoots to point of aim with any 124 grain load, out past 25 yards. I picked it up due to my Hungarian DNA from my mother's side of the family.

FEG made fine firearms, many clones of other European manufacturers. Maybe the inside finish was not as good as some, but good weapons. They have now gone out of business and parts are hard to find. Some of the clones are so close to the original, that parts can be swapped out. I'm not sure on the PPK-E but someone may climes in. If I remember correctly it was also sold under the Mauser banner for a while. I am not sure of the model name on that weapon.

Hope you enjoy it for years to come.

Duncan

·
Registered
629 Posts
If I'm not mistaken the 22lr had a very low production number.

I have one in .380 and am very satisfied with the craftsmanship. For something that was supposed to be a bargain gun, the internals of the frame are smoother than German and Interarms frames, particularly where the safety drum rests as well as the hammer block. Maybe I just got a good one. The hammer strike is also very positive.

·
Super Moderator
7,303 Posts
Good questions.
It would be nice to swap out the left grip if you don't like the thumbrest.
Malteser, does it have an aluminum frame? You do make some finds; enjoy.
Moon

Reactions: malteser2710

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
How is the finish compared to the German Walther's ? From you pictures it looks a little blacker. The magazine looks different too. Is it interchangeable with German magazines ? What do the sights look like ?
I think that the finish compares well. Yes, a bit more into black than bluing we used to see. I still need to clean it and polish it up, but it looks nice.

Trigger, decocker, etc are smooth.

Funny high top strap.

I got to try different magazines :)

Thanks for the interest shown.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts