Walther Forums banner

My latest additions to my P5 collection

1K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  malteser2710 
#1 ·
Hi all,

I wish to share with you the pictures of my latest two additions to my Walther P5 collection, which now takes the number to 8 - including two Compact models and one long barrel with matching numbers on slide, frame and barrel (since there were conversion barrels issued).

So here are the two "new ones".

Serial number 001294 - This is the earliest one in my collection. It came with matching box, user manual, test target and extra mag. Looks like it was hardly used.

Next is serial number 002622, which the seller told me was a police issue - here I need your help please to confirm and if so what police was it. I got it from Germany. It came with extra mag, user manual and matching box. Condition is used but perhaps not abused.

I hope you like them, and as always, I look forward to your comments and observation. Any help is highly appreciated!!

Cheers to all!

John

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
Next is serial number 002622, which the seller told me was a police issue
Those as some nice looking P5's. Can you post a pic of the right side of 002622 ? I don't see anything on the left unless it was on the slide. Maybe it was forward of the serial number and was defaced by that circular mark when it was retired.

How are the range facilities on Malta ? I can't imagine there are many places to shoot. Do you need to ba a member of a club ?

#8 ·
Hello and thank you for your interest in the guns and in Malta.
The #002622 does not have any other markings (or perhaps I need to look closer) so my bet is that it was defaced by that circular mark. I have a local friend of mine who might be able to clarify that for me.

You are right, shooting facilities in Malta are very imited. Plenty of clay shooting ranges, but target pistol, tactical pistol and long range rifle shooting are relatively new here so these are growing slowly.

For those that have the right caliber, they can take their guns and try out the shooting ranges in Sicily (less than 2 hours by ferry). I often go there to shoot 300m with my 308. I also like to take my Ruger GP100, AR15 and Mini-14 too for some long range fun.

#5 · (Edited)
Nice finds Malteser.

The Police P5 has had the "BMI" "plunge end-milled" off. In the US most of these Police turn-ins have the "BMI" lined thru.

You have me by one, I'm still at seven, may have to pick up a Police turn-in.

I still find it funny how similar out P5 collections are. We each have a P5 Lang, a DeutschBank security P5, and an Italian market Cat.1062 30 Luger P5.

Been busy with the POF USA P308 AR-10, and lining up my new toy, a Classic Donzi Marine speedboat.

Reactions: malteser2710
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.