Walther Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dear Walther forum goers this was posted on another forum, if there is anything I missed I will be doing a report on my 500 round mark probably Saturday. I will add info then if any of you have any comments or ideas I missed.

First let me preface this discussion with a bit of history. Although many people have had success with Kahr and even kel tec I have heard from several sales reps of weapons being returned for failure to fire/feed/breakage/general issues. Although I have wanted a compact pistol or ages IE the club gun, or slim (girls hug me and don't notice my tumor) social pistol, I have resisted the urge. Well today I finally finished aquireing what I hope to be a answer to my issues.

I bought this pistol used, for two reasons. First with all the issues seen in even high quality single stack very compact pistols I just didn't want to take the chance of placing large cash on a dud. Also I wanted something that might have seen some round. I don't think it has seen more then 50 rounds before I got it.

First a brief description of the take down and the one major negative piece to the pistol. The rear interchangeable grip. The grip is designed to be easily removed which actually disengages the firearm thus not requiring a key or other locking mechanism. Simply take the back strap off and it is child proof. Although this is a safety feature I believe the removable peace could have been reinforced with a metal tab. Its the only major design flaw I can point out, and I have thus far only heard of one being broken from user error.

The two other complaints I could muster is the pistol is a QA/Double Action, which I personally don't prefer. However if you who like your glock triggers will notice this pistol lacks the noticeable sproing feel. To me it seems to me the compromise from a well worn glock trigger, and the reduced trigger bar.

100 rounds of WWB and about 7-8 rounds of +P later and only one user induced malf (I really limp wristed it and got a failure to completely extract. I will try to induce it again tomorrow.

As with almost every Walther product the accuracy surpasses most shooters ability. Between my friend and I we snapped off 3 branches about the size of your thumb to beer bottle neck at 15 feet. Yes this isn't a range report I will try to get one later. The recoil is very nice, it isn't as battering as the keltec and Kahr I have shot. However the wait of the pistol is a bit more then expected.

The Walther forums have provided some other info I will share, but can't verify from personal experince.

1. Every pistol so far has meet or exceeded 2000 rounds without failure, which has been a issue with the above companies in some of the production line. Several people have hit 5000 round with zero errors.

2. The 1st edition with a special polymer coating(brushed steel I think they call it) will wear off to solid black after some good holster abuse.

3. The only major error has been some idiot breaking a back strap (one of two you get different sizes) and it was replaced which continued the weapons function.

Lastly I didn't expect much from the pistol honestly. Its rather small, 9mm-45 of this size have been haveing issues, and well I have the glock trigger. After my initial test I am very impressed, and the weapon seems to be far from a lemon. It might end up being my carry on a more permanent basis. It looks like someone finally decided to make a pistol this small able to accept night sights. Its scary accurate and comfortable in my hand. Yes I love Walther Products and didn't expect this one to be as good as it is.

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
Shot some Gold Dot 124gr +P in mine yesterday, again flawless. Also shot some 115gr FMJ Winchester and CCI Blazer Brass, no issues.

3. The only major error has been some idiot breaking a back strap (one of two you get different sizes) and it was replaced which continued the weapons function.
So how did you get the backstrap replaced? Or did you mean you replaced the medium size one with the large one that wasn't broken?

Walther America told me there were no spare parts for PPS in the US.

Regards,
James

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Someone on this forum was talking about that issue. Apparently they contacted Walther America, I didn't have the issue myself.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts