Walther Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I go down to the mailbox yesterday and there is a box in the mailbox! This always gets my heart pumping but it usually stuff for my GF so I didn't get too excited. Once I saw the return address SAW on Roosevelt Ave I knew right what it was.

I was shocked however that upon opening the box I got my free mag loader and a 15 round magazine! Why do they ship me a hicap but when they boxed my gun up from the factory, they put in 2 10 rounders?

On another note, I would like to commend S&W on their fast handling of the promotion. I send out my paperwork and within a week I received the product. I cannot say that about any other "rebate/promotion" I have seen lately. Another thing that I liked about it was that on the return address on the package it was labeled as SAW not S&W or Smith & Wesson which I particularly enjoyed because I don't really want my neighbors knowing I have guns as most of them are shady.

Did everyone else who participated in this promo have the same experiences?

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
I've been waiting a month, myself.

As for your 10 rounder U received w/ your gun - it must have been an old stock gun - originally shipped w/ 10 rounders (remember, the ban that expired hasn't been to long ago - there are still lots of guns w/ 10 rounders still in them that are unsold). Also, some guns HAVE to go w/ 10 rounders when they are shipped to certain states.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah I live in MA so we still have a bunch of crap laws. I have purchased hicaps (25rds) for my Ruger 10/22 rifle so I assume they are legal in MA especially since S&W sent it to me.

As for yours...did you fill out the forms correctly? I know where I work, if a rebate isn't filled out properly they ususally won't inform you and you will miss out. I don't agree with it but it's how companies save money.

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
No, I did it exactly as per the rules. filled out the form and copied the receipt. I copied everything a 2nd time, so I would have the info on the form I mailed in. I'll give it a bit more time...

·
Registered
23 Posts
My free mag got here on the 20th too, which was just over a week after sending off for it. Very nice service.

ShipWreck, perhaps you should call S&W and ask if your request never arrived? I can't see why else we've received ours in a week's time while you're still waiting. Unless there's a shortage of them since you have so many already.

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
[b said:
Quote[/b] (illspirit @ July 22 2006,2:39)]ShipWreck, perhaps you should call S&W and ask if your request never arrived? I can't see why else we've received ours in a week's time while you're still waiting. Unless there's a shortage of them since you have so many already.  
Look 2 messages up. I think U missed what I said

(time and date: July 21 2006,11:36 )

·
Registered
14 Posts
Got my free mag & loader awhile ago, problem is I have the 99c & they sent full size. I guess they don't check serial #'s or read what is written. My stainless PPK came with scratched grips, I contacted them by phone & told them PPK & gave my serial # & also emailed it to them. I was sent PPK/S grips. My 75th PPK anniversary model came defective from the factory the same day I bought it in that I could not remove the slide from the frame, they had me send it to the S&W service, I called to see how it was doing & they said it won't be looked at for at least another week because it was then shipped to the Walther factory at Houlton, could have saved some time if they told me to ship it directly. Something is wrong over at S&W.

·
Registered
23 Posts
[b said:
Quote[/b] (ShipWreck @ July 22 2006,3:54)]Look 2 messages up. I think U missed what I said

(time and date: July 21 2006,11:36 )
D'oh! Indeed. It was late, I saw the post where you said it hadn't arrived, then scrolled down and got distracted by the shiny pic of all the mags. Well, that, and my brain was pudding after making polygons all day.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts