Walther Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I sold my Springfield XD40 today and picked up its replacement soon after.

Walther PPK/S-1, .380acp, stainless steel:

And this is the Don Hume holster I bought with it:

I've been eyeing this particular gun for quite some time now. I went back and forth between the PPK and the PPK/S, I went with the PPK/S just because it fit my hand a little better. I went with the .380 over the .32 because the .380 was easy to find and the ammo is cheaper.

I can't wait to take it to the range and try it out this weekend. :cool:

·
Registered
2,808 Posts
Nice set up... good choice in both pistol and holster.

Just don't get troubled if your new friend has some teething troubles. Stick to FMC ammo for the first couple of hundred rounds just to round off the edges.

You Done Good!

·
Registered
435 Posts
Great looking PPKS, David. If the PPKS was available in blue when I purchased mine earlier in the year I would have got one (the PPK grip seems a bit short sometimes). But don't get me wrong, I'm extremely happy with my S&W PPK.

What model Don Hume is that? I just purchased a Don Hume for my S&W MP9 and I was surprised that the holster required no break in period. I just put the gun in and it fit right off the bat. My Galco's have all been incredibly tight at first (so tight the slide would come back the first few times the pistol was inserted). Usually takes 50-75 blue-wearing draws to begin the break in process. Curious to see how your PPK/S fit in that holster the first time. I don't want to wear all the blue off while I'm breaking in a new holster!

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Great looking PPKS, David. If the PPKS was available in blue when I purchased mine earlier in the year I would have got one (the PPK grip seems a bit short sometimes). But don't get me wrong, I'm extremely happy with my S&W PPK.

What model Don Hume is that? I just purchased a Don Hume for my S&W MP9 and I was surprised that the holster required no break in period. I just put the gun in and it fit right off the bat. My Galco's have all been incredibly tight at first (so tight the slide would come back the first few times the pistol was inserted). Usually takes 50-75 blue-wearing draws to begin the break in process. Curious to see how your PPK/S fit in that holster the first time. I don't want to wear all the blue off while I'm breaking in a new holster!
The actual model number is: H717-P BLK #18 RH. It just says Don Hume Leathergoods and "Will fit: Walther PPK, PPK/S, Interarms APK .380."

I was also surpised at just how well it fits without needing to be broken in. It's a little tight right now but the gun went right in and snapped with no effort at all. All my other leather holsters have needed a few days to break in before they fit like this one did out of the box (or bag as the case may be).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts