Walther Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone I'm from Switzerland

Bought today in Switzerland my first PPK ever. It's a 32 ACP from Ulm/Do. Used but in a good condition. Some pictures-enjoy!
Case

Inside

Bianchi leg holster and 4 magazine

Pistol

Barrelmarkings are an eagle below the eagle the letter N and 66 but there is no serial number? I guess the 66 stands for the year 1966 but I'm unsure.

·
Premium Member
159 Posts
Seems to be in very nice shape. Congrats. Mine is a 67 date code.

Yes, the 66 does indicate year of manufacture.

Mind if I ask what you paid for it? And since I don't know the Swiss Franc - US Dollar conversion rate off the top of my head, any idea what that would be in US dollars?

Thanks,
Jeff

·
Registered
33 Posts
Absolutely terrible. One of the worst guns I've ever seen.

Have it shipped to me, and I'll have it destroyed. I'll pay the reverse postage charges.

<span style='font-size:6pt;line-height:100%'>Seriously- nice PPK
</span>

·
Premium Member
4,589 Posts
No have it shipped to me....
looking good ... I love the PPK much more over the PPK/s

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Paid for everything ~350 Euro include wood grips worth 50 euro holster worth 60 euro and 4 magazine. This carton for the PPK is quite rare. Makes in Europe usually a higher price than without it.

·
Premium Member
4,589 Posts
makes for about $450 @ exchange of 1.3.... it might be less....depending on the day

·
Registered
81 Posts
Hello,

I'm from Switzerland too. Very nice buy. I, beside other Walthers, own a similar PPK, made by Manurhin. The condition of gun and box doesn't compare to yours...

Enjoy it.

Bye.

·
Premium Member
159 Posts
So if you paid between $400-$500 US equivalent for it, that's a very nice deal indeed from our perspective.

A real pre-68 (since they stopped legal importation of PPKs in 1968 due to the Gun Control Act of 1968) German-made PPK in that condition would easily go for twice that amount or more in the states. I paid around $1,200 for mine in 98% condition with box, papers, etc., and felt it was a fair/good deal.

Congrats.

-Jeff

·
Registered
713 Posts
serial number looks to be 199564 on slide should be same on frame and I see it on box.

Do you know the PPK fail the test by 1/10 of a inch. in height. That why we have the PPK/S Way to go Washington. I always wondered way sombody had to stay a 1000' for a person but a 1001' was fine. Is the person safer because of 1'

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Bought today yeap such a nice pleasure! Holster was only 12 swiss francs ~8 euro. Holster PPK from A.Kind Hunstig.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts