Walther Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Great site. I don't have my own P99 yet; I'm 20, and won't be getting one until at least October, and probably another $600 after that as well. Unfortunately, the only way I'm gonna get my hands around that medium backstrap is if I buy one myself. Thankfully, I have the good fortune to live in Kentucky, so carrying won't be a problem.

To tide me over, however, I bought a couple of these P99s. They are great to have just lying around on a dresser with your pocket crap, and make great keychains. At only $1.95 each (including laser!), I advise everyone to invest in a few extra P99s.

http://shop.store.yahoo.com/opsgear/16scalsascom.html

·
Registered
37 Posts
Kentuck eh? Hooiserland here, right across the river from Louisville.

The best place I have seen for P99's in Louisville is Tilfords on the Outer Loop. $539 new.

I got mine at Kiesler's, they matched Tilfords price..

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
$539, huh? Where I live in Northern Kentucky, there's a place called Mark's that still sells them for $650 when I checked about six months ago. Ditto for a place I checked in Lexington, where I go to school. Luckily for me, I don't really have any bills to pay yet, so that doesn't matter nearly as much as it will in another year or two. Doesn't mean I shouldn't pay a visit to Tilford's, though. I'll look them up. I need to start saving up and take advantage of my low cost of living before it's too late, anyway.

·
Registered
37 Posts
They are about a 1/8th to a 1/4  inch long. What they are is toy guns for action figures. Pretty detailed to. Some, like a HK SOCOM pistol even has a slide that works...

As for Tilfords, they do not deal much. The price they sell new guns for is their rock bottom. Used has a little room to deal.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I already own a handfull of them, and they are about an inch long. The scale is almost exactly one sixth. The P99s, as you can see, have working slides and removable magazines, and a detachable laser module. They also have a ton of other guns. I wish they had an FN P90, but no such luck. One of those would make a perfect keychain.

I really love their PSG1, too.
http://store.yahoo.com/opsgear/16scalpssnip.html

·
Registered
39 Posts
Louisville here. I picked up my P99 at Shooter's Supply for $499.99. They were running a special so I jumped and traded in a Beretta 92fs Centurion on it. The Walther fits my hand much better. Shooter's has a pretty good selection not only of handguns but military style rifles also.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm noticing a pattern about gun prices in Louisville compared to the places I go.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Right now Shooter's is running them at $599.99. The $499.99 price was one I could not pass up. Have you tried going over to Cincinnati and checking around since you live in Northern Ky? Go Big Blue!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
A little, but I haven't really looked at any gun shops there. I'll probably get mine from Marks, because I know them and they are ready to order the one I like. I want a black 9x19 made in 2001.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Wow.. didn't know there were some from KY here...
I live there myself when I'm not at school... Father was Navy and NAVRESCEN Lexington is where he ended up when he got out... nice place to live...

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just bought my new p99 .40 cal this weekend for 475.00 with tax it was 500.00 even. It also came with the ambidextrous nylon holster that has the pouch for the extra clip, I think that is about 24.00 value from the Walther's retail catalog. I got all of this at the Gun show here in Greenville ,SC this past weekend.I've also seen the gun around town for 535.00.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts