Walther Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally managed to get my hands on a P99.

Box, manual, target, spare mag and replacement grip.

Gun did not get to shoot much. I bought it in an online auction, same seller had a Ruger Security Six 4" bbl, stainless with box, which I also bought off.

So, after numerous PPs, PPks, P5s, P88...here's a P99.

Attachments

·
Registered
292 Posts
Congrats! You’ll love it! Personally prefer it over the PPQ. Better looking pistol, more versatile, fantastic trigger, and a reset that’s shorter than even my Q5 SF. Enjoy it!

·
Registered
345 Posts
And another congratulations. Great gun.
I like my P99 so much that my PPQ M2 is on the shopping block.

·
Registered
2,941 Posts
Congratulations! It's my Daily Carry most of the time and my favorite striker fired weapon (along with the Compact version). Enjoy!

·
Registered
6,756 Posts
I've never seen that owner's manual before. Is it difficult to purchase firearms in Malta?

That pistol looks new, and the spare 16rd mag doesn't look like it has been used much if at all from that picture. That's a nice find.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
P99

I've never seen that owner's manual before. Is it difficult to purchase firearms in Malta?

That pistol looks new, and the spare 16rd mag doesn't look like it has been used much if at all from that picture. That's a nice find.
Hello Balance. Yes, the P99 does not appear to have worked much. Can’t wait to shoot it!

Maltese firearm regulations are quite tight, but once you get the necessary permits, buying guns is not a problem.

·
Registered
63 Posts
PPS M1 is great but I prefer and recommend the P99C AS in 9mm. I like that it has the same trigger as the fullsize P99 so my comfortable range shooting gun translates more directly to CCW competency.

Tis a bit big, though, so more often than not both my PPS m1 and P99C get left at home in favor of a micro .380 pocket pistol.

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
One of my favorite pistols. I put the Hogue rubber sleeve on it ( recommended to me by Iamold if I remember correctly) and hung a TLR- 7 light on the front end ( which held down the muzzle a bit when shooting it) as a functional barrel weight. Those additions really caused me to fall in love with the pistol with its really good da sa trigger and de cocker choice of which one you prefer.

·
Premium Member
13,867 Posts
When carrying concealed, size matters.

When open carrying, size is less important, and a good retention holster is more important.

·
Registered
2,765 Posts
I live in a college town, and folks I know that have tried open carry soon stop it because of getting the cops called on them whenever they go out, because all the libs here freak out and call the police whenever they see a gun.

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
When carrying concealed, size matters.

When open carrying, size is less important, and a good retention holster is more important.
If you are not a real thin guy or a real small guy, you can edc some fairly large pistols fairly easily if you dress right. That means a shirt, fairly loose fitting ( not skin tight or tailored to taper), cut square across the bottom and worn outside the pants. This combo can conceal a pretty big pistol. If you want to get even bigger, use a light safari jacket and blue jeans. Man you can carry a cannon with that combo.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts