Walther Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I was on the way out of my LGS/range last week and hadn't planned on buying anything (really I didn't ! ) but as I walked past the very last case a familiar shape caught my eye. I put it on hold and picked it up this week. A blue, Interarms PPK, with black grips, in .380ACP for $675. Its got two magazines and manual with box and test target both numbered to the gun. The whole package looks NIB.

This is my first Interarms PPK and my first PPK in .380ACP. My other two are a 1940 in .32ACP and a 1965 in .22LR. Looking them over side by side I'm impressed with its quality. It has a few details I've never noticed in pictures before. It lacks a lanyard loop, has a serrated trigger, and the front sight has a round indentation filled with white paint instead of just being flat.

After paying for it I put fifty rounds of Remington 95gr FMJ through it. I had two failures to feed both of which were my fault. The first was from not pulling the slide all the way back (that spring is strong !) and the other was from limp wristing. The Stavehagen sights gave me a zero at seven yards with a six o'clock hold. I shot it using both magazines and even a few with only one hand. Recoil is heavy but manageable. I'd still rather shoot this than .357 Sig.

I've never given much thought to the US made pistols before but this has changed my mind. This definitely won't be my last Interarms Walther.

Edit : After looking at the Interarms date chart it looks like this was made between 1990 and 1993.

In the pic below with the three slides, they are left to right - 1940 ZM, 1965 Ulm, Interarms.

Attachments

Registered
Nice score! Just put a stainless interarms ppk on layaway. Got em down to 525, but doesn't come with anything but the gun. Glad to hear yours has proven reliable so far. Hoping mine runs flawless. Will find out in a few weeks.

Registered
That鈥檚 a really nice price for that good looking gun. Congrats!

Registered
Nice get, and a good price for what you bought. The Ranger-built guns are well done. Congrats!

Premium Member
It has a few details I've never noticed in pictures before. It lacks a lanyard loop, has a serrated trigger, and the front sight has a round indentation filled with white paint instead of just being flat.
The serrated triggers and the coloured sights were introduced on the European models at the end of the Sixties. All models manufactured in America so far lack the lanyard loop.

Registered
Nice new Interarms PPK! It's getting harder to obtain mint condition examples. They are nice quality guns. It's a shame that they never produced them in .22lr. Also, would have been nice if they produced them in a blued 7,65mm. They made a very limited quantity of 7,65mm examples in stainless from 1998 to 1999. Enjoy your new acquisition!

Premium Member
It's a minor mystery to me why any PPK has a lanyard loop. There was none normally provided on the Model PP, which for decades was the standard duty sidearm of German police and for which a lanyard loop could be justified. Hard to see why a much smaller concealment pistol should normally have one.

I suspect it was just an afterthought suggested by the design of the stamped metal hammer spring retainer unique to the European PPK. When the PPK frame was redesigned as an investment casting for USA production, that separate sheet-metal bit (with its incorporated lanyard loop) fell by the wayside --and not much missed.

M

Registered
It's a minor mystery to me why any PPK has a lanyard loop. There was none normally provided on the Model PP, which for decades was the standard duty sidearm of German police and for which a lanyard loop could be justified. Hard to see why a much smaller concealment pistol should normally have one.

I suspect it was just an afterthought suggested by the design of the stamped metal hammer spring retainer unique to the European PPK. When the PPK frame was redesigned as an investment casting for USA production, that separate sheet-metal bit (with its incorporated lanyard loop) fell by the wayside --and not much missed.

M
My 1941 PPK ZM Eagle C Nazi Police has a lanyard loop (albeit stamped...) For some reason they had it...

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
They made a very limited quantity of 7,65mm examples in stainless from 1998 to 1999.
I knew Interarms never made a .22 PPK but I didn't realize that .32 production was so limited. That sucks. I still wouldn't mind adding another .380 though.

Premium Member
Now that's a real beauty, Redcat. Thank you for sharing the story!

My PPK (same thing as your, except stainless) has been in my pocket for over seven years now. Not a blemish shows, and it runs Critical Defense cartridges beautifully with never an issue after hundreds of test rounds fired. I've practiced with my PPK so much I don't even hardly use the sights at the range anymore; the "muscle memory" pointability is to the point of instinct now. Well done, Sir.

-Pilotsteve

1 - 14 of 14 Posts