Walther Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanted and purchased my first P99 at my first sight. It’s a P99AS and I still think it’s the most sexy handgun. Now 6 years later, I have the same love at first sight on this P99 kit. It includes a LDI laser and a B&T suppressor. I think It’s going to be my last.

I wonder how many of this kit were imported to the U.S. I searched everywhere but found no other references.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Based on the markings on the pistol, it was manufactured in 2000 and imported by Earl Repair Svc sometime after. The suppressor Impuls IIA was made by CCF/Swiss in the U.S (due to import restrictions) under B&T contract (for Walther and HK). The laser was made by LDI (now Steiner Optics) in the U.S (also for Walther and HK). They are all factory, just made at different places.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Let me give you a quiz. Anybody knows what’s that small tube on the upper right corner in the picture? It was a surprise to me.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Based on the markings on the pistol, it was manufactured in 2000 and imported by Earl Repair Svc sometime after. The suppressor Impuls IIA was made by CCF/Swiss in the U.S (due to import restrictions) under B&T contract (for Walther and HK). The laser was made by LDI (now Steiner Optics) in the U.S (also for Walther and HK). They are all factory, just made at different places.

Wooo! You are the PROFESSOR! Please tell us what resources we can consult to find such information on our own. (PS: I'm taking a risk here asking that question bc it might be common knowledge to everyone here, but not to me....it just smells like an experienced answer and I'd like to have the links).

To the Original Poster: is that a 9mm or a 40? Every green P99 I've ever seen in person and on ArmsList has been a 40.

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
Nice P99 set! Regarding the small tube that you are referencing within the set, it is a grease compound for lubricating the booster of the suppressor. All B&T and licensed CCF Swiss Impuls IIA are (and were) disbursed with the grease canister.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Right on, Rick. You must have owned a B&T suppressor. Thanks for this information. I didn’t know that.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
To the Original Poster: is that a 9mm or a 40? Every green P99 I've ever seen in person and on ArmsList has been a 40.
It’s a 9mm green. I am not sure how many Walther made it in 9 vs 40, but it seems 9 isn’t that rare. I have another 9 in green.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts