Walther Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a small spill on my desktop and although I thought I got it all there was a small amount of H2O that got on part of two of my Walther PPS M2 magazines. I picked them up a little while ago and talk about rust. I pretty much have always been very OCD about taking care of my stuff particularly my guns and my knifes. I have never seen anything rust that fast. I just wrote a whining email to Walther hoping maybe they might help me out, but I'm not counting on it. Now if it had been Ruger I would have had two new mags by the weekend. It's too bad, but the only manufacturers I have never been disappointed with have been Ruger and Benchmade. These other companies could learn a lot from them because stuff like this does affect where my hard earned money goes. Like my title says though: it was my fault.

·
Registered
3,115 Posts
Sorry to hear about the mishap. It happens. Thanks for the cautionary tale! Now to check all my PPS mags......

·
Registered
160 Posts
Heyas TJ, wow...that's really surprising about the mags. LOL just be glad it wasn't electronic parts! After working at a computer manufacturer, I can tell ya that the response from CS would have been pretty much "Your fault? Your problem then. We can send ya replacement parts, but it's on Your tab, not ours." Soooo glad that not all industries aren't like that!
Ruger's customer service is very difficult to beat. They're phenomenal, and they go a loooong way to keep their customers happy.
I can't remember what thread I heard about this on, but I do remember reading that the response time from Walther is MUCH better if you call them, rather than using email. From my recollection, their CS is friendly, and care about what's going on. I don't have the manual with me right now tho, to see if that's covered under warranty or not tho.
But, noted. If I ever get a PPS, it doesn't go on fishing, boating, or riverside camping trips with me!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts