Walther Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Uh...that sounded different in my head.

Still, it's true. My CCP M2 runs like a champ with target ammo of varying stripes--even cruddy remanufactured stuff I bought at gun shows--but can't handle personal defense ammo.

Hydra-shok, Speer, Hornady...if I try to run them through the gun I get a FTF nearly every round with the rounds getting hung up on the feed ramp. Usually a swift tap to the back of the slide sends it forward and chambers a round.

Very frustrating. Anyone else have similar experiences?

·
Registered
153 Posts
I had a Kahr K9 that acted like what you describe when it was dirty after 200+ rounds on the range. Might be the problem. My Walther CCP M1 eats everything all the time.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nope. It was cleaned before I took it to the range. I even scrubbed out the piston chamber. Whatever the problem is, cleanliness wasn't it.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I went to the range today, I fed Hydra-shoks (135 grain) through my CCP M2 no problems. Put, some Sig 365 V-Crown 115 grain through it too, it loved it. Even tried some reloads my son did, no problems. The only failures was with some bulk ammo my husband purchased...2 or 3 failure to eject the spent cartridge. The Sig V-Crowns will be my defense rounds...like those. I thought the Hydra-shoks would be too much for me...nope. So far, this pistol is pretty taking everything I can give it, with only a few failure to feeds. And I had similar situations with my Glock(s). Cdsdss, have you contacted Walther directly? They may have some input that could help.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
No, but that's my next step.

Reactions: Mandomom
1 - 6 of 6 Posts