Walther Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I picked up this BYF44 today advertised as a Russian capture because of the star marking on the slide.:rolleyes: It is also Austrian marked BH too.:) I do have a question about the grips are they real or reproduction? It came with one commercial walther p38 magazine and a JVD late war Spreewerk magazine and a reproduction hardshell holster and 8 rounds of VPT 44 dated ammo. Cost me $500.00 total ok I guess.
Thanks
Barry In MO.

Attachments

·
Registered
923 Posts
The P.38 you have was put together by the French after they captured the Mauser factory in April of 1945. The French continued using the German serial progression> the last German production was in the F block the first French production was in the G block and continued through the L block. The "star" is the French firing Proof mark. A lot of these guns went to Vietnam but some went the French Police. Your gun is not a Russian capture or an Austrian rework but a French P.38 produced shortly after the WII hostelries ended.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I need to clarify things I know it is not a Russian capture I was qouting what the person I bought it from said. I knew the whole time it was a French gun and it was marked with the Austrian BH.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
13,914 Posts
Thank you I guess no one is reading my post about this P 38.
I read it. The Austrians received several thousand P38s from the French. Most of them were modified, probably in Austria, to use an interim-design round firing pin in place of the original Nazi flat design.

The black plastic grips are probably the ones originally fitted at Oberndorf.

M

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I read it. The Austrians received several thousand P38s from the French. Most of them were modified, probably in Austria, to use an interim-design round firing pin in place of the original Nazi flat design.

The black plastic grips are probably the ones originally fitted at Oberndorf.

M
I know you read it I was just thankful you did.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
923 Posts
I read your original post I the first time you posted it and I could not find any BH (Austrian) stamps on the gun. I looked over your pictures again I still cannot any BH stamps.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts