Walther Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, after epic 2 years long struggle with the authority I have got the proper full auto license to buy an MP40, which I was dreaming about for quite a while. It was not easy to locate and buy one here, but as it was an amnesty time for illegal weapons once again in the end of 2014, one old woman brought this one to the police to legalise and sell it. It was stored since 1945 under the roof of their family house, so the condition was not really nice (see first pic). After I brought it home, I spent about seven hours carefully cleaning it. And voila, the MP40 fxo41 shines again, all numbered and fully in condition. Just wanted to share how happy I am :cool:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,228 Posts
This weapons defines the Art Deco style, my favorite. I think it's beautifully designed and it sure did it's job well.

-Pilotsteve

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Czech Republic. As for the MP vs. PPSh, it is an endless discussion that is going on, well, since the 1941. I do not have experience with Beretta, but having both the MP40 and PPSh41, I kinda prefer (as a collector) the MP because of the class of the engineering. Could easily imagine I take the PPSh to survive though. The soviet one is quite cool in its rugged construction, less need of cleaning, massive mag capacity, etc.

·
Premium Member
13,914 Posts
Soldiers are seldom interested in classy engineering. Usually they are more impressed by weapons that are rugged, accurate and reliable. The Shpagin, crude as it was, could be counted on.

A more elegant gun along similar lines was the Swedish M37/39, a modified Suomi that also accepted the Finnish 71-round drum designed by Aimo Lahti. Although Sweden was neutral in WWII, some were used by Finnish forces (with Swedish volunteers) on the northern front.

M

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Suomi M31 is a beautiful mp. They are selling semi converted originals here. Had the pleasure to shoot one and was impressed. But as I collect only russian and german guns prior to 1945, my next one on the wishlist is the wartime PPS43.

·
Premium Member
13,914 Posts
... my next one on the wishlist is the wartime PPS43.
If simplicity coupled with effectiveness is the highest form of sophistication, very careful study of the PPS43 will reveal that its engineering is the classiest of all. Sudarev, who died as a young man, was a true genius.

M

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
Krasna zbran. To muselo byt ale prace dostat povoleni to koupit. Ani jsem nevedel ze to Ceska vlada dovoli.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
P99pete: Dekuji. Dostat tady vyjimku na full auto je skutecne obtizne.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
MGMike: Well, the gun law in Czech Republic is very liberal compared to the EU standards and I really appreciate it. It is quite easy to get the license to own and carry guns here. I hope they will not change it and "harmonise" the gun law with the rest of EU.

To get full auto "exception" is different thing though. You have to prove a lot of things to the authority and they are still not in the position that they must issue it even when you fullfil all the criterias. In fact they try anything not to do it. It took about two years in my case and I am probably the only one that got it in my hometown in the last few years. I hope it will be easier with the next one...

So the short answer is - not impossible, but you have to be dedicated :cool:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts