Walther Forums banner

Most useless $ ever spent for a accessory

3K views 14 replies 9 participants last post by  johnski67 
#1 ·
I got lucky and found this recently...
Guy swears it's a regular 9mm Luger barrel...lol...
I guess it's fun to look at....
I contacted Geco but haven't heard back

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
Yes it is indeed a training barrel...
The guy was clueless ...he tried to convince me it shoots 9mm Luger...
Barrel says 8.2mm on it...actually 8.2mm-9T which I assume stands for 9-Taining

The official description is 8.2mm Geco...
Wish me luck in sourcing just a few boxes of ammo some place

Attachments

#7 ·
These training barrels have no "dropping block", also an undercut around the chamber area. These are ~1" shorter then the 6" Lang barrel too.

I wouldn't attempt to modify it for 9mm.

I considered purchasing one last summer, passed on it, no training ammo available.

I snatched the 30 Para barrel I saw on GB though!

#8 ·
The barrel could not be rebored to 9mm due to the floating chamber it has...
to my surprise the barrel is actually rifled (I expected it to be smooth)
also note that in the above posted link by Kar98; that barrel has important parts missing. The rod and spring pushing the floating chamber back are missing and the spring that prevents the floating chamber form rotating is missing..
Lucky guy however... he has ammo for the gun... and no I don't really want to shoot it but it be nice to have to have a few rounds

I knew when I purchased the barrel that finding ammo would be near impossible; however, for those on the board that known me for a while know I love the hunt for stuff like that....
I am still amazed that the seller was trying to tell me to shoot 9mm out of it... I am not sure if he was worried I wouldn't by the barrel if he told me otherwise... and I didn't ask him till auction was closed in fear he may jack the price if I told him it was a rare barrel that doesn't shoot 9mm

#10 · (Edited)
Hi uncut,

Congrats with your finding.

also note that in the above posted link by Kar98; that barrel has important parts missing. The rod and spring pushing the floating chamber back are missing and the spring that prevents the floating chamber form rotating is missing..
Lucky guy however... he has ammo for the gun... and no I don't really want to shoot it but it be nice to have to have a few rounds
Just one remark...the P5 training barrel on my website does not miss any parts..its a different (later) variation. My barrel functions on the standard springs that are present in any P5. It is adviced to remove one of the two springs to achieve proper recoil.

regards,
Dennis

#13 · (Edited)
Uncut,

Simunition has an instruction leaflet that refers to a Walther P5 Fx trainings barrel. I do have pictures of a FX barrel somewhere, but I cannot find them at the moment.

https://simunition.com/upload/products/conversion_kits/feuilleTechnique_en_22.pdf

This is btw a picture of a closed package of the blue trainings ammo. DAG apparently also made this stuff..

Speaking about difficult ammo to find.....this ammo is really ridiculously difficult and expensive to find (at least in my neck of the woods)

Regards,
Dennis

#14 ·
The plastic training ammo was very common with German police in 9mm pistols and I used to have boxes of that stuff in 9mm Luger and 7,65 Browning.

The West German military used the PT ammo for the G3 with a special bolt for recruits to pre-qualify to shoot the G3 with live ammo. It is a long, long time ago that I had fired the first rounds through the G3 but I seem to recall that we shot the PT ammo at 50 meters, that it had almost no recoil and was very accurate. We shot at small targets that fell when they were hit. The PT ammo is quite a bit more powerful than SIMUNITION with the paint.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.