Walther Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you guys happen to see The Matrix Reloaded, Morpheus uses a P99 toward the end in the hallway. There were a few nice Desert Eagles and a Beretta that I caught in the movie too, but I was excited to see the P99 in there.

-Chris

·
Registered
382 Posts
darn, you beat me to it, i was going to post this, its a nice closeup of the gun.................i also like that full auto glock 18 he uses...hehehe me want one

·
Registered
1 Posts
Saw the P99 too! I pointed that out to the friends I was with during the movie and they just looked back at me with a puzzled expression.
I guess its hard when only a few of my friends understand my passion for guns

·
Registered
38 Posts
Looked like some P99s in X2 also. ;)

Remember the TV show "Dark Angel"? The bad guy used a P99.

Ever wonder how the P99 got to be the new Bond pistol?

The FX guy liked it? They bid it out for product placement and Walther won? ;)

·
Registered
122 Posts
It probably had more to do with the fact that the James Bond films were one of the first film series where the studios began making huge amounts of money by letting manufacturers showcase their products. This kind of marketing really took off in the late 1960's and 1970's. Look at the end credits for 1971's Diamonds Are Forever and you'll see a list at the end that includes Ford and many of the hotels in Las Vegas. Roger Moore's Bond pictures always had long lists at the end for watches, expresso makers, skis, etc. Walther had a new product with the P99 in 1997. What better place to showcase the P-99 than in the films that made the PPK a household name in the U.S.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I was flipping channels last week and came across the Fox show "24". One of the bad guys had a P99..........

·
Registered
382 Posts
Yes, i saw at least two or three P99s in Xmen two. Styker's right hand man, played by Peter Wingfield (Methos from Highlander TV series BTW) had a P99 i beleive as well as a few others.
The white house guys at the begining of the movie all had sigs, it looked like , and the cops and Glocks...

Back to Matrix Reloaded: that was one well armed movie!! Morpheus' Glock 18 and Walther P99, Trinity with her usual Berretta 92. The agents with the desert eagles......and that Twin thing had a HK UMP machine gun.......nice......
I think that just about covers all the firearms.........then we have to talk about that Paul Chen Musashi katana that Morpheus used......those Sais Neo used...........How about that Ducati bike Trinity used? she sorta used it as a weapon..........hehehehe

·
Registered
22 Posts
The H&K UMP was hot! Almost enough to make me forget about wanting a SP89 / MP5. Nice to see the P99, but I don't think the little red indicator was protruding from the rear of the slide ... it was dark, but I don't think it was "out."

Movie was lame, IMHO. Fell asleep in the beginning and wanted to leave before it was over. Whatever.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I actually watched for the striker dot and as far as I could tell, Morpheus had his P99 decocked. Look close at the first pic, you can see the black hole. The second shows the trigger forward in DA mode (The dude has big hands.)

Fritz

·
Registered
382 Posts
could have sworn i saw the red dot.........

his hands are big

i really enjoyed that movie, it was dumb fun

i say dumb because the answer to ALL of the questions was the same " I dont know...."

1 - 18 of 18 Posts