Walther Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone. I asked Walther if there would be more P99c guns coming, but I never got a reply. Does anyone know if they are being discontinued or if there might be more coming over? It's my favorite gun, but they are hard to find. Thanks for any replies.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Yea, but he charges way more than anyone else. But yea - that may be the only option right now
Yeah, like a dummy, I sold my P99c to fund getting a special import full size P99AS with full ambidextrous controls. Wasn't cheap...as "plastic" guns go but you want what you want!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
This is what I heard after emailing Earl: "The 100% German Walther Model P99 and the P99C pistols are no longer made. We have a few P99AS 9mm pistols in stock as you can see and order on our website: www.carlwalther.com or give us a call and we will ship one today. The cost is $695. Please advise."

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
I would look elsewhere or just wait it out unless you don't mind paying that $200 markup.

Reactions: IndianaOrdo

·
Registered
4,341 Posts
This is what I heard after emailing Earl: "The 100% German Walther Model P99 and the P99C pistols are no longer made. We have a few P99AS 9mm pistols in stock as you can see and order on our website: www.carlwalther.com or give us a call and we will ship one today. The cost is $695. Please advise."
Wow, that sucks. That's it, huh? No more....

·
Registered
23 Posts
There's a whole three of them on Gunbroker right now.
That's actually more than usual especially considering they're all 9mm and AS.

In other news, this happened on Rock Island Auction about 6 weeks ago:

Best I could tell, there was nothing special about it at all. Maybe they knew something I didn't?

·
Registered
13 Posts
If you really want a P99c, there are alternatives. For instance, look for a used SW99 . There just happens to be one on Gunbroker now for under $400. They pop up there from time to time.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
IIRC one of the reasons Earl's tends to be expensive, is he is his own importer. It costs him money to bring in these guns.

·
Registered
4,341 Posts
Yes, back in 2006, I got a SW99 because there was a drought of P99s. Finally, 6 months later, P99s were available again.

The SW99 just never seemed the same as the real deal to me.

·
Premium Member
1,837 Posts
Yes, back in 2006, I got a SW99 because there was a drought of P99s. Finally, 6 months later, P99s were available again.

The SW99 just never seemed the same as the real deal to me.
Objectively, as in reliability, accuracy and trigger it might be comparable. But still...in my long gun shooting and collecting experience...like you said, we end up eventually getting the one we wanted in the first place.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I agree with those saying just spend the money. I bought a full size p99 from Earl, worth the money as it was new, clean, no issues, shipped fast and they followed up a week later to make sure I was happy with it. I’m sorry it’s discontinued. i Like the trigger system better than any other except possibly SRT Sigs. I wish I had bought a 99c as well. Even the full size 99 is surprisingly light and compact, the c must be very easy to carry.

·
Registered
228 Posts
@#$^#^%!!! the P99 full sizes are discontinued too?!!! shit. I have 2 of the P99c's from last year's blow out sale, but I stupidly sold my P99 AS full size a couple years back. Looks like I may not have my chance to get the full size again if they're truly out of production

if anyone sees any P99 AS full sizes (new) somewhere please post. I may have to order from Earl, but $700 is a bit of a bitter pill to swallow and I'd like to at least see if SOMEONE has them out there before chocking on his price

·
Premium Member
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Yeah, I was shocked to hear that. I figured Walther would keep making the P99 for a long time to come, since they are still used by LE in Europe.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts