Walther Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everybody! I've been lurking around here for a while, but now that I own 4 different Walthers I figured it was time to join.

I just picked up a P99 AS .40 SW because my local Gander Mountain had them on clearance (The guy said they were being phased out in favor of the SW M&Ps) for $499 and that was just too good a deal to pass up.

So now I'm trying to find a good holster for it, and even after chasing every thread I could find related to P99 holsters I still don't seem to be any closer to finding one to get than I was before.

I've gone from a PPK/S (which I still have... don't worry, I wouldn't get rid of that) that every holster manufacturer in the world has made every type of holster for to the P99 which seems to be forgotten about in the realm of "medium frame autos". Everyone bends over backwards to be able to conceal a full size 1911, and the P99 seems left behind.

What I'm looking for is a concealed carry holster that will work for summer carry. I don't want to have to wear a jacket in 90 degree weather, or a big and baggy Hawaiian shirt, or a vest..... I usually just leave my t-shirt or polo shirt untucked as a "covering garment". For what it's worth I'm 5'10" and 200 lbs, so I'm not a skinny guy but I'm also not that big a guy.

To make matters more complicated, I am wary of any kydex or plastic holster that "locks" the gun in place. I have a Fobus paddle holster I picked up for my P22, and I don't want to rely on a holster that demands a perfect finger position and draw angle if I need to get at my firearm in a stressful situation.

I don't know if belt holsters ride close enough to the body that a single layer of a t-shirt is enough to hide them..... anybody have any personal experience to share?

I'm guessing that an IWB holster is the best option for that level of concealment, but I can't seem to find any. I really don't want to have to wait 15-20 weeks for all the custom guys, but if that's really the only option than I guess I will have to be patient.

Desantis has a ballistic nylon model called "The Insider" that is offered for the P99... I just don't know if it's any good or not. Anyone ever try it?

Am I chasing the impossible dream?

·
Registered
525 Posts
To me the best fitting and concealing holsters are quality leather ones made by the pro's. Those are going to take a while to get but you'll get something thats super high quality.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Milt Sparks Versa Max II. It'll take forever to get to you but all I've heard is that it's worth it. Mines is supposedly 2 weeks out.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts