Walther Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I understand that some are able to get a better trigger pull switching to GLOCK striker springs (5.5 lb). Has anyone had any misfires using the WOLF 4lb striker spring?
Where are you that are trying lighter weight trigger return springs, finding the springs? I know a Glock's trigger return makes its worse. Emailed WOLFF and they haven't started looking into making calibration sets for the Walther P99 yet. Any information would be appreciated. I have had no failures using the GLOCK 5.5 striker spring, using all types of ammo.

·
Registered
41 Posts
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Wunzwas @ Mar. 01 2003,12:33)]Emailed WOLFF and they haven't started looking into making calibration sets for the Walther P99 yet.
Thats because the P99 is Perfect
No need for mods.

·
Registered
60 Posts
First I love the long 1911 triggers. When they break, my trigger finger hasn't pulled all the way back to the grip. I was trying some P99s this weekend and their trigger both DA and SA break all the way back. So the trigger finger has to bend backward really far. So far back that the first pad of my trigger finger is almost pulling the left side of the trigger face instead of pulling straight back.
Is there any way to change these triggers so they will break about half of the pull they got now.
This is one of the big complaints I got withthe SA XD9s. Even though their SA type strikers the trigger has to be pulled all the way back to the grip.
I really like the grip size, the grip angle, the weight and balance of the P99. But the trigger breaking that far back really bothers me. Even my Glock 19 dosn't seem to break quite as far back as these two pistols do. And that's the pistol I'm wanting the P99 to replace. I can even live witha heavier trigger if it breaks further forward.
I know I' asking alot, but wanted to ask before I wrote the P99 off.
Thanks fellas. JB

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
[b said:
Quote[/b] (JBA @ Mar. 03 2003,2:43)]Is there any way to change these triggers so they will break about half of the pull they got now.
Yes. It's called the P99QA. The trigger only needs to be pulled back about a 1/4 inch instead of the full length to the frame.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I tried it using the glock 4 lb spring (got it from midway), but I'm having A LOT of light strikes. This was using win white box, PMC and reloads (win primers). Guess I'll have to try the 5.5 next?

BTW, ran into a p99 .40 cal owner last night. He let me try 9mm in his mag. Short story is .... Terrible. Held 13 rds, and I had failures on more than half. Guess I'll have to live with the few hi caps I bought.

Also, fwiw, I tried out some reloads (working up a recipe) and only had 1 ftf with the lightest batch. Then I tried with my high power (factory springs) and had nothing but failures (fte's, ftf's).

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
kdmoore,
Did your light striker strikes not setting primers off change once you went to the 5.5 lb sriker spring? Was your spring from Midway a WOLFF 4 lb? Let us know if you're getting 100% reliability with what weight striker spring____Thanks

·
Registered
32 Posts
I don't have a 5.5 spring around, but as soon as I do I'll try it out.

The spring did come from wolf (via Midway). I expected that it might not be 100%, but I did not expect that it would be soooooo baaaaaad

I pulled a few to check (after they failed to ignite) and there were very light dimples. The rest I pulled the trigger on repeatedly and they eventually fired (2 - 5 strikes)

HTH

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Quack,
So you went back to the stock return spring? I have had no failures using the GLOCK 5.5. I read 2 different post about light strikes using 4lb WOLFF, but I haven't experienced failure yet using the 4lb. I haven't had the time to shoot hunderds of rounds to make sure its going to be 100% reliable, so I'm wondering if I should go back to the 5.5 or stick the stock one back in.

·
Registered
78 Posts
i never changed the return spring. i only get light strikes using S&B ammo w/4# spring. no light strikes from the 5.5# spring.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts