Walther Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I took my PPK/S apart & did the Beavertail Modification, Beveled the Magazine Well, & Undercut/Smoothed out front grip area..
I used 40 & 80 grit sanding drums in my 35,000 rpm Dremel Tool.. I then sanded with silica carbide 180/400/600/1500 then brushed with a scotch brite pad & stainless brush to match the Factory Brushed finish
Have a Look, I printed out a couple of pics from C&S site & used them as a guide, I am realy happy with the results..
I didn't go as deep as they do but I took alot off & it feels like a different gun, I also rounded the beavertail & radiused it to match the Hogue Grips..
Also I put the Checkered Wood Hogue Grips back on for Now as the Farrar are PITA to Remove & Install, Plus the Wood look so good & feel even better..
I used the shape of the Hogues to match the backstraps radius, I also broke every sharp edge.
I then gave it a Detail Cleaning with Simple Green & dried it with my hair dryer, Gave the Militec-1 Then lubed it up with Rem-Oil & FP-10..
I've been pondering doing this for weeks now, I can't realy afford to send a $475 pistol out for $500 + worth of modifications. I could buy another gun for that kind of dough.
I also put the RP 17lb Wolff Hammer Spring in today..
Dr. Dremel To Surgery.. Warning Wear Safety Glasses if you try this.. Also That Stainless is Very Hard & It took be several hours, + I went Realy Slow..
This is gonna become my main Carry piece after a few more range trips.. I didn't shoot it yesterday as I was fresh out of .380, I shot 9mm, 38spl & 22lr yesterday..
I now have 500 rounds down range with the Walther PPK/S without a hickup..
This Mod is Great!!
B92s Custom S&W Walther PPK/S Beavertail Mod

·
Registered
26 Posts
Can I ask you where you got that simple pistol rack you have in your picutre here? It seems like it is universal and would save a lot of space...

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Flame Red That Rack came out of an old silverwear set made over 100 years ago.. It's covered with felt & made of hardwood.. I've had it for years..
And my pics are all comin up red Xs???
I need a new camera badly.. One that can Focus!!
The ole Crap-Cam 2000 just isn't gettin it!!
Wish you could see what I did to this pistol..
Feels Realy Good!!
I'll have to meet up with you sometime Michael & shoot a bit!!

·
Registered
713 Posts
I not sure I 'm afraid my baby would get baked and cut on. She could handle that kind of trauma. In all serious I don't go around L-ville unless I going to VA for a examination. The 40mi each way is to much for me. Even when I go to town to get gro and gun shop 36 miles round trip. It requires a couple hours bed rest when I get home. I pretty much stay around home nowdays.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well maybe the next time your in to the VA Hospital I'll meet up with you..

Here's a Before & After Pic Of The Beavertail..
Also note were I blended the trigger gaurd to the frame in the front & rolled all the edges, Now the Pistol just slips into your grip.. I'll try tomarrow to get a few better pics with the CrapCam2000...
B92

BEFORE

AFTER

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well I took a few pics during the modification & several afterwards That I thought I'd Share with you all..
I know the pics aren't that great but they do show what was done, I removed a bunch of meat from this little pistol, In the first pics I already did the rounded grip area & started on the grip tang/beavertail then rounded & smoothed it all out..
I'm Realy Happy with this mod, Note the two pics from C&S that I used to judge what I was doing..
It's snowing outside so I broke out the Snow Camo for the later Pics!! Enjoy!!
WARNING: Do This at your own Risk!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts