Walther Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
26,070 Posts
That's great, Tanfo ... wonderful pistols, many of which are absolutely stunning (to say nothing about being almost impossible to find). Thanks for taking the time to post. You are a man among men. :)

·
WALTHER KING
2,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Wow,(speechless) :eek:
Tanfo, are these all part of your collection? where did you find that Modell 6? So rare and in such good condition.~J
every day looking for WALTHER guns
in newspapers, magazines and www
here is the thread with more pics

WALTHER Mod. 6

·
Registered
201 Posts
Tanfoglio,

Thank you for this wonderful presentation of your outstanding early Walthers! This is a great presentation. I would very much like to see more pictures of 646172. I would like to know if this late Model 9 has the magazine safety. If you could post a clear picture of the right side that would be excellent!

Regards, Earl

·
Premium Member
6,227 Posts
I will freely admit to finding excess dampness in the corners of my eyes when I slowly worked my way through King Tanfoglio's brilliance posted there. Incredible. Is there any man here who can imagine anything better for his girl to keep in her purse than that beautiful (and functional) Modell 9 seen here?

That pistol is one of the most beautiful works of metallurgy mixed with artistry I've ever seen.

-Pilotsteve

·
Registered
3 Posts
Awesome

Any info on a Model 9 I have with plain grips with blueish/ gold 6.35 and Walther logo on other side. Serial # 418092? Great condition w/ leather case.

·
Premium Member
6,227 Posts
I think what I find the most impressive about this amazing post is the gradual progression. The evolution of the Walther designs over time. If one looks closely, we can see the gradient. All up until it seems the size, the caliber, and the perfection finally struck home when the PP emerged. This is when the symmetry, the functionality, and the perfection finally struck home.

Look closely at the Modell 8. One can discern that it's almost there.

I may have this set of unbelievable photographs printed by a professional. It would make a gorgeous poster to hang on the wall of any true Walther enthusiasts' man room. Although I should never hope to achieve the greatness of King Tanfoglio's collection, one can still dream.

-Pilotsteve

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
From what I understand the Model 6 is the rarest of the models (1-9) being made for only two years. Is the Model 6 followed by the model 7 regarding rarity?

R

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi im new here in recently got a model 9 it nhas the scew on grips its missing firing pin and i think the back part of th spring that goes through the hole in the back of the gun above the latch to take slide off anyone can help me with those two pieces thanks

·
Premium Member
26,070 Posts
Depends on which pistols you are interested in. You'll find Sticky threads on this forum, that will provide you with the known serial numbers for the PP/PPK series and the P.38. But the records that Walther had for the pre-war were captured in April of 1945 and either destroyed or carted off to a) Mother Russia, or b) the USA, never to be seen again. At one time the folks at Walther were good at answering email inquiries about the postwar pistols, but not so much any more.

Welcome to the forum, by the way; enjoy your time with us.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts