Walther Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a surplus P-1 in excellent condition about six months ago. This gun shoots just as good as any of my expensive guns. If you love Walther as I do, I would by one of these unissued surplus P-1's before there all gone, well worth the money. The gun I bought was made in 1979 and has all the newest updates for strength. These guns sold for almost a thousand dollars each and for about 300.00 they are a bargin. My P-1 shoots the 147HP's without any hangups at all and is extremely accurate.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Hello,
you might have to be careful, as most of those P1s were reworked/refinished by the German military before sale. This does not make sense, but that is the way our "Bundeswehr" works - and is losing money.
Dieter H. Marschall.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dieter the gun I bought has all matching numbers , it was used but in real good shape. Very little ware on feed ramp and on the block pin. Bore was excellent and the gun shoots superb. What should I be looking for besides cracks in the slide?

·
Registered
43 Posts
I found a refinished P1 at my dealer's...serial number is 298298. I think I may buy it....LOL

1 - 5 of 5 Posts