Walther Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My little Model 9 I recently inherited from my Dad. 1922 vintage.

Replaced all springs with a spring kit from Wolff Gunsprings. It would not dent the primers or fire 30 years ago.

Broke ejector in the process. With help from Mr. Earl and some others was able to find a replacement and got it back together. Anxious to test fire it.

Can't rotate photos.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,228 Posts
Wow AOK, what a little beauty. We'd sure like to know it's story, if you know it and are willing to share.

I have two Modell 9's, and one is always with me; they're simply unbeatable in the concealed carry category.

-Pilotsteve

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I can't tell much of a story. Dad got it somehow about thirty years ago. We had a few shells, were gonna try it out. Would not strike primers hard enough to fire. He put it on a shelf. I always admired it. When me and my brothers divied up Dad's guns I got it. I immediately ordered a spring kit for it. Broke the ejector in the process of stripping it down. Luckily found a replacement.its has never been fired while in my family, but I got 3 boxes of ammo and am pretty confident I will run one of them through it by the end of January.

·
Premium Member
6,228 Posts
Nice, AOK. Same story for both on my Modell 9's too - light primer strikes at first but a new set from Wolf solved the problem. Here's the video I made:

...and after I fixed the springs:

-Pilotsteve

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nice videos. I think the springs have cured mine by the sound. Can't wait to try it out. The little round from such a short barrel has a surprising amount of power.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Works Flawlessly

After replacing all the springs and a broken ejector on my 95 years old Model 9 I was very happy with how well it shoots.

Loaded clip with only 2 rds in case it went full auto. Operated great.

Loaded clip to capacity. Last rd was pretty tight. Pulled slide back to make inserting clip easier. Loaded and operated flawlessly with new PPU FMJ ammo.

Was amazingly accurate at about twenty yards for such a small pistol.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Otto (AOK),
Well Done! It is great t hear that you have your Walther Model 9 running. They are fun to shoot and, as you say, "amazingly accurate for such a small pistol". I usually only load five rounds in the magazine out of respect for the age of the magazine spring. The PPU ammunition is perfect for these pistols. I have had good results from FIOCCHI and Seller & Bellott 6.35mm as well.

Earl

·
Premium Member
6,228 Posts
My Modell 9 enjoys the Winchester white box range ball and like emount said above, only load five because one really has to squash the old and all-but irreplaceable spring in order to smoosh the sixth cartridge inside.

-Pilotsteve

·
Registered
23 Posts
Yup. The Modell 9 might not win the accuracy contests at 60 yards or defeat body armor, but I sure wouldn't want to have one pressed up against my guts, head or chest when it goes off.

-Pilotsteve
Looks like shooting my model 7!!!! Definitely NOT something you want to be on the wrong end of!

Attachments

1 - 12 of 12 Posts