Walther Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Model 7 Walther 25 auto, which I ppicked up pretty cheap because it is missing the front part of the slide. I don't think I will find one any time soon , so I need some good photographs of Model 7's. I intend to make a new part. I can see how the part functions, so I am confident I can make something that will work well, but I would like for it to look right, too. I have a crummy little picture out of an old book, and would like a better picture of the part. Anybody got one?

Any info about this thing would be nice. So far, all I know is that they were made about 1917-18.

Numrich does not have the part. Parts sources would be good, too.

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Send me a private message with your e-mail address and I'll send you a digital photo that I can take of the pictures in my book "Walther: A German Legend". You might try looking up Earl's Repair Service. He might have the muzzle nut that you need, but he might also charge you and arm and leg for it.

The model 7 was basically a big gun shooting a little bullet(6.35mm Browning). It resembles the Model 4 which shoots the 7.65mm Browning cartridge. Fritz Walther realized after a year in production that the Model 7 would be unsuccessful, because most people didn't want the bigger size gun shooting the smaller cartridge. There were only around 45,000 Model 7's made.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Found a nice picture online.  Anybody know where I can get a manual?  A pdf file would be great.

Also, I am having trouble dismounting the slide. It looks like the front of the slide should raise up, allowing it to travel back enough to disengage the slide rails. Is that right? If so, it needs a little work.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts