Walther Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gentlemen,

I recently acquired a pretty nice Model 4, except the Trigger is noticeably rusted.

Found a potential nice replacement Trigger, but not sure it is from same Variant as mine?

I noticed that on at least one of the Variants I saw on the net, part of the rod that attaches to the trigger is noticeable on the left side of the trigger.

Sorry, I do not know correct jargon/name for that part.

When I pull off the left grip panel, it looks like a flat angled part that is connected to the trigger on one end and goes to the sear/release up by the hammer at the rear just under the slide on the left side.

On my model 4 variant, you cannot see the connection of that flat rod to the trigger on the left side, but pix of other variants show part of this is clearly visible on left side of trigger.

Can any of you tell me how many variants there are of model 4 & differences.

I want to do the Trigger change out, but I don't want to buy the wrong one?

One I am looking at has a small open area toward the bottom of the Trigger on the left side I assume the flat rod connects to, that appears from wear on it is not visible that it is like my Variant.

Are there more than 2 different Trigger styles?

If there are only 2 different ones, then I know which one I need, but I do not know how many different triggers there are for all of the model 4 variants?

Can anyone help me figure this out?

Let me know.

Thanks.

Lfryklu

·
Registered
79 Posts
Dieter Marschall's book lists 6 variations of the model 4.

1st variation notes: Trigger bar partially visible
5th variation notes: Internal trigger bar

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for your reply.

I do not have Dieter Marschall's book...?

You noted the bookends as 1st & 5th Variations, but what about Variants 2-3-4?

Can I maybe read between the lines that there are only 2 different trigger styles for all 5 Variants?

Let me know,

Appreciate,

Lfryklu

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Martin,

Very much appreciate the follow up info you sent.

Answered my question, there are only 2 different trigger styles for all Variants of Walther Model 4's.

Thanks so much everyone for your assistance.

Best regards,

Lfryklu

1 - 6 of 6 Posts