Walther Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
First off, thanks to all the people who are finding more about this Model of Walther. Ive found its a tough one to search for

Ok, Well going through some old relics from Grandpa I came across his/well my Walther Model 1, with the knowledge i have gathered Ive concluded its 1st variant, which to me seems rare. so i come to the experts
-17 fine grooves
-WALTHER’S SELBSTLADE-PISTOLE CAL 635 / D.R.G.M. IN-&AUSLANDPATENT ANG
-Early lockwork
-The grips have a interweaved CW
- (the one that stands out) Serial #5281

Are there anyother markings i should be looking for? And is it really that rare of a Pistol to find? I undertand its nearly a century old but to have low 5000's to. This did come back overseas as my grandfather served in the Canadian military as well.. yes pictures today :)

·
Premium Member
26,071 Posts
Yes, you don't see them ... or you hardly ever see them. And when you do see them, they are quite often beat up. To help verify what you have, check out the Sticky thread here:

http://www.waltherforums.com/forum/faq-classics/27987-tanfo-picture-book-mod-1-9-a.html

Dieter Marschall's fine book, "Walther Pistols Models 1 Through P99," is a good reference source for information about the Modell 1. Every Walther owner should have one.

We'd love to see pictures. Perhaps this will help:

http://www.waltherforums.com/forum/...10404-tips-shooting-posting-great-photos.html

Welcome to the forum; enjoy your time here.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
As far back as i can remember (20+) years it never was, just under his Medals and papers in a wooden box. I wont even run a rag over it for fear of damage

·
Premium Member
26,071 Posts
I don't know that I'd shoot it, but I'd sure take the time to clean it and make sure that any potential areas with rust are addressed.

Great little pistol; thanks for sharing it. :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts