Walther Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey :D

In the coming days I’m going to be modding out my P99AS. I am dedicating myself to this as my dedicated home defense and open carry personal defense weapons system.

I plan to:

-Add night sights
-Add Talon grips
-Add Streamlight TLR-1HL
-Get 17 round PPQ M1 mags
-Get a duty style open carry light bearing retention holster

Should be fun. I’ll show you guys as I go along, thanks!

·
Registered
50 Posts
I added the Talon grips to the P99C AS and i can definitely tell the difference. I grabbed the Pro texture ones to a recent sale and I am pretty pleased with them. I'd be interested to know what sights you use.

·
Premium Member
8,647 Posts
You might want to look at TruGlo TFX or TFX Pro night sights. They make excellent additions to the P99.

These have been mounted for a few years now and I've never had an issue.
The only drawback is you will not be able to remove the decocker for a deep cleaning without removing the rear sight. Frankly, this hasn't been an issue and the decocker is quite functional.
The advantages of the TFX system far outweigh the disadvantage, especially is this is a duty or EDC weapon.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey :D

In the coming days I’m going to be modding out my P99AS. I am dedicating myself to this as my dedicated home defense and open carry personal defense weapons system.

I plan to:

-Add night sights
-Add Talon grips
-Add Streamlight TLR-1HL
-Get 17 round PPQ M1 mags
-Get a duty style open carry light bearing retention holster

Should be fun. I’ll show you guys as I go along, thanks!
Hey I just bought a P99 and am planning to add much of the same. I'm having trouble figuring out which light to mount. What made you decide to go with the TLR-1HL?

·
Registered
4,341 Posts
Back in 2006 or 2007, I added Mepro night sights to a P99 I used to have. After that, the gun just didn't shoot as accurately for me. Some people, back then, claimed the POA/POI of the Mepros were off a little. But, I was disappointed.

Currently, I have night sights on all my guns - EXCEPT, I have left the factory sights on my P99. I bought a P99 again about 2.5 years ago. The gun is so accurate that I didn't wanna mess with the sights like I did on a previous P99.

So, let me know how it shoots for you after you change sights

·
Registered
59 Posts
You might want to look at TruGlo TFX or TFX Pro night sights. They make excellent additions to the P99.
View attachment 93055

These have been mounted for a few years now and I've never had an issue.
The only drawback is you will not be able to remove the decocker for a deep cleaning without removing the rear sight. Frankly, this hasn't been an issue and the decocker is quite functional.
The advantages of the TFX system far outweigh the disadvantage, especially is this is a duty or EDC weapon.
What he said ^

·
Premium Member
8,647 Posts
Can you adjust the TFX Pro sights vertically or are they fixed once they are mounted?
They are fixed.
I've mounted them on my P99 AS, P99c, my Q45, Navy Q and a PPQ 4 9mm. All have kept the factory POA/POI at SD ranges using factory ammo.
I've also mounted them on a number of friends Walthers with identical results. There is no need for Vertical adjustment.

·
Registered
2,125 Posts
Those HDs look sharp. I may consider those if or whenever I decide to put new sights on my P99.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Not sure about model number. I got mine from amazon. Their sku is WP101-C-600738. They are listed for the P99 and ppq on trijicons website. They are dead on if using a combat hold. Cover target, squeeze and bullet hole replaces orange dot. They are pretty darn nice. I like that the HD’s paint is charged by light. They are sturdy and haven’t rusted in my sweat which usually happens to my aftermarket sights.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I’m not sure if I was clear on the “point of aim” question. They are definitely a “combat hold” not a six o’clock hold. You definitely cover the intended target with the front sight. I can’t remember if the stock sights which came on my P99 were combat of six o’clock hold.

·
Read Only
5,165 Posts
Usually the Trijicons have the same POA/POI as stock sights...that is...combat sight picture.
Or in simple 'nuff term...the bullet goes where the front sight is, with regards to bullet weight and distance. (I did find that 147gr +p tended to drop a little more at 12-15 feet than the lighter stuff)...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts