Walther Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all!

Does anybody have an opinion on Mitch Rosen's Slim Leather Holster, IWB, forward cant? How good it conceals? This thing is anything but cheap, so any input will be appreciated.

Thank you in advance,

Val

·
Registered
112 Posts
I have been very disappointed with Mitch Rosen products.
I carry for work as well as off duty and I generally purchase an assortment of holsters for my pistols, including high ride hip, In the Waist Band, Shoulder Rigs as well as Ankle. I have tried them all and have found that you are best served with holsters from Bianchi and Ted Blocker, they make the most comfortable Shoulder Holsters I have ever used and extremely good High Ride Hip Holsters. Ted Blocker made a custom size holster for me at not additional charge and their products look as good as they work, which is great. Mitch Rosen seems to try to sell whatever he has in stock or "wants" to sell, rather than the best thing for you. I have seen some of his holsters destroy the finish on a pistol and he tries to say that is the sign of a good holster; lining the inside of a holster with leather that is like sandpaper is not good. I believe that you get the best quality for your money with Bianchi and Ted Blocker.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have never used the exact model holster you are considering, but I have used a few Mitch Rosen holsters before. I used to have a 5JR Full-Length Belt Slide holster for a HK Compact a few years ago, and I was very happy with it. It's possible that his quality has changed, but I never had any of the problems that the previous poster was talking about. Of course, YMMV.

I would also consider Milt Sparks for a quality leather holster. My favorite holster I've ever had for concealed carry is a Milt Sparks inside-the-waistband holster for a Glock 27. The exact model escapes me right now, and they don't make that model anymore, although I'll be trying out another inside-the-waistband model from him for my P99 (the Versa Max 2 looks fantastic for my needs). I've had my Milt Sparks holster for at least 3-4 years now, I carry it almost every day, and it has held up much better than I would have ever expected. Website: www.miltsparks.com.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts