Walther Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
Walther PPK/s stainless/blued .32 and stainless .380. PP in .32 and PPS M1 in 9mm
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While perusing a local gun shop, not particularly well regarded for good deals, I did discover they had a blued PP .32 caliber. I have a stainless Interarms PPK/S .32 that I like, but have been always on the hunt for a blued version. When found, prices are way up there these days and that is not going to improve.
I was in a rush and did nothing more than verify functionality and condition and all were very good. He had the grip laser sites on it but salesman said the original grips were available for it as well.
They want $900. But from what I am seeing, that is not out of line. I have seen a couple of pretty beat up PPs in .32 for $600 on-line. But this is the closest I have been to a blued .32 PP or PPK in my small town in many years.
By the way, I have been a member of this forum for a while, but was having issues with username/password and gave up and created a new account.

·
Registered
3,337 Posts
Nicely blued Walther and Manurhin PP in .32 are common and readily available in excellent condition for much less than $900. Can’t speak to laser grips adding any value, but no way $300 more than a typical price for a nice pistol.

·
Registered
577 Posts
What GeoNole said.

In general, discretionary (non-factory, non-original) accessories like laser grips do not add a cent of value to a collectable, and the blued PP .32 falls into that category even in shooter condition. With a bit of looking you can still find these from the mid-400s up depending on condition.

·
Registered
863 Posts
Police turn in PP 7.65 Manurhin's can be had for less than $400 and some are quite nice.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Simpson’s usually has a good selection of guns , 90 percent blue or better runs 900 up usually but you can get Manurhin PP pistols sub 500 all over the place . I personally prefer my Manurhin PPK over my other ones , it’s my daily carry .

·
Registered
Walther PPK/s stainless/blued .32 and stainless .380. PP in .32 and PPS M1 in 9mm
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I will check those other sources. I just don't run across nice PPs period, let alone PPKs. Heck this is only the third PP I have seen locally.
As to value added, I was thinking more in terms of traditional consumer value, not collector value. Of course, I don't think many consumers, these days, are interested in .32 caliber compact steel pistols.

·
Super Moderator
7,512 Posts
PP police turn-ins were once abundant, but that bumper crop has moved on.
There are still some out there on the market, but not as cheap as they once were.
Moon

Reactions: Jimbo80

·
Registered
2,910 Posts
To get used guns at bargain prices at the LGS you need to be a good negotiator. An LGS rarely has personal feelings for guns and will often take a good profit now rather than a great profit later. Don't be afraid to lowball especially on a consignment gun.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts