Walther Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all from MN I am getting rid of my g19. I also own a Ruger and a XD. I am thinking about the PPQ probably classic that is what is here locally. Also have my eye on the xdm 9mm. I have rented and tested them both. I will try make this short lol. I know the warranty subject is beat to death but did it scare any of you guys before you bought the pistol? Is about the only difference between the classic and the M2 the mag release and that the mags are not interchangeable?
I know I don't have to tell you why it is such a saweet pistol. Just looking for a little push to get over the hump.

·
Premium Member
14,118 Posts
Is about the only difference between the classic and the M2 the mag release and that the mags are not interchangeable? Yep, you got it.

I know I don't have to tell you why it is such a saweet pistol. Just looking for a little push to get over the hump.
OK, Push, Push, Push. Go ahead, you won't regret it. As for Warranty, Bret Vorhees has informed us that Walther is currently making sweeping changes in the way they do business. Blue skies ahead.

·
Registered
3,334 Posts
I was looking hard at the XD and a M&P, and then by happenstance I picked up the PPQ. You know how that story turned out ;)

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
OK, Push, Push, Push. Go ahead, you won't regret it. As for Warranty, Bret Vorhees has informed us that Walther is currently making sweeping changes in the way they do business. Blue skies ahead.

Thank you for the push that's all I needed lol. I have read the famous #31 post. What is funny is a glock guy [Hickock45] is the one who got my interest in the PPQ.

·
Read Only
5,165 Posts
Yes...yes..YES! Get the PPQ. It's the word awesome, simply condensed into a shape that remarkably resembles a handgun. ;):D

·
Registered
115 Posts
Agreed.

PPQ has in writing a lifetime warranty, if what Bret Vorhees is saying is true, their shouldn't be any issues regarding your warranty being honored, should the need arise.

Meantime, despite looking at other options, having a new(er) PPQ myself and coming down with Walther fever, I want more. Until their business changes are in effect, I will order mine through Davidson's.

Yes, their weapons are that good. There's just something elegant about Walther's vs the competition.

·
Registered
913 Posts
Well-made pistols don't require servicing.
Ehh... Not gonna argue this but manufacturing flaws do exist which do require servicing. The recoil rod in my first PPQ for example. :)

Still I agree they are well made and I'd tell anyone looking at a PPQ to just buy one. Either a Classic or an M2 will serve you well .. Buy the Classic though :D

·
Official Walther Insider
151 Posts
Agreed.

PPQ has in writing a lifetime warranty, if what Bret Vorhees is saying is true, their shouldn't be any issues regarding your warranty being honored, should the need arise.

Meantime, despite looking at other options, having a new(er) PPQ myself and coming down with Walther fever, I want more. Until their business changes are in effect, I will order mine through Davidson's.

Yes, their weapons are that good. There's just something elegant about Walther's vs the competition.
A little reassurance on the warranty for PPQ. ALL PPQ's have a lifetime warranty. It was reported that one of our tech service guys stated it was only a year, but that was incorrect. Plus, I never saw a name of that particular service tech, which is always helpful in correcting any discrepency. But it has been made clear in that department that the PPQ is covered. Period.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Bret: Will there be any plans to offer a better warranty on other products from the Walther line? If so, what happens to those in ownership of Walther's out of warranty or those that are currently in their 1 year period?

·
Registered
351 Posts
Hi all from MN I am getting rid of my g19. I also own a Ruger and a XD. I am thinking about the PPQ probably classic that is what is here locally. Also have my eye on the xdm 9mm. I have rented and tested them both. I will try make this short lol. I know the warranty subject is beat to death but did it scare any of you guys before you bought the pistol? Is about the only difference between the classic and the M2 the mag release and that the mags are not interchangeable?
I have a Glock 23, Sig P226 as well as several other pistols. Unfortunately since I purchased my PPQ, everything else is gathering dust...lol

Walther didn't just hit a home run with the PPQ, it hit a grand slam.

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Mrdaputer, have no fear. The PPQ is a great pistol. I am in the twin cities. What shops are stocking the M1?

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Mrdaputer, have no fear. The PPQ is a great pistol. I am in the twin cities. What shops are stocking the M1?
I just picked up one at Bills in circle pines

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Well as many have said I am now the proud owner of the classic. I took it home field stripped it wiped it down oiled it up. Changed the back straps a few times lol. Going to the Range in the next couple of days.

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
I just picked up one at Bills in circle pines
Excellent to hear. Unfortunately, my favorite fun shop (Frontiersman in St Louis Park) has never stocked much Walther. Bill's has captured a few of my paychecks over the years, but the shop in Robbinsdale has been light on Walthers as well. Glad it is turning around.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Excellent to hear. Unfortunately, my favorite fun shop (Frontiersman in St Louis Park) has never stocked much Walther. Bill's has captured a few of my paychecks over the years, but the shop in Robbinsdale has been light on Walthers as well. Glad it is turning around.

The one in Robbinsdale only has the M2

1 - 20 of 22 Posts