Walther Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know about the Mexican Navy having a contract for PPK/s and then cancelling on S&W? I heard they didn't make many and it may be collector piece in years to come. I have opportunity to purchase one and wondering how many they made and the whole story.

·
Premium Member
4,589 Posts
Best thing to do is call S&W directly...
I recently saw one of those on gunbroker and somebody on the P38forum asked the same question.... with no luck ....
so give S&W a call they should be able to tell you....
though I think withe 2 examples floating around at this time it might sure be possible that this isn't some hoax

·
Registered
20 Posts
Does anyone know about the Mexican Navy having a contract for PPK/s and then cancelling on S&W? I heard they didn't make many and it may be collector piece in years to come. I have opportunity to purchase one and wondering how many they made and the whole story.

Kkille1LSU can you post a picture of the PPK/s you are talking about? I heard this same question somewhere else and have been wondering how do the ppk/s look like. Thank you.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Uncut and Kkille1LSU thanks for the picture and the info. I kind of want one too. :D

See what you guys did? :mad: :)

·
Premium Member
4,589 Posts
Thanks for sharing that pic :)
This is interesting.. and it is in .380.... Nice going and enjoy her.
So did you buy the one from the above auction... or is there more out there??
*edit.... please let us know what S&W has to say if they ever email you back... I would like to know .. thanks

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
The Mexican Navy (official name SEMAR) is a branch of the Mexican Military responsible for conducting naval operations. Its stated mission is "to use the naval force of the federation for the exterior defense, and to help with internal order"[1]. The Mexican Navy consists of over 55,500 men and women, over 300 ships, and 70 aircraft.[2] The Mexican Navy has entered a constant modernization program, in order to upgrade its response capability.

For Mexico's huge mass of water the importance of its navy is really decisive, mainly to protect PEMEX's oil wells in Campeche over the Mexican Gulf. Another important task of Mexican Navy is to help people in hurricane relief operations, applying "Plan Marina" (Navy plan) in order to help affected people
;) Wikipedia

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I did not purchase it from online auction. I bought it in New Orleans and was told there was a limited number of them made and they were able to get a few. Still waiting on S&W.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
UPDATE: Customer Service at S&W did not know about it and was told to call another person. Going to call when I have time. I hate having to call people b/c you usually have to say the same story 5 different times.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts