Walther Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I am sorry to say that I have not been able to reach William at Allchemy arms regarding the steel guide rods. I was supposed to have these rods weeks ago. I went to his web site and its down and haven’t received a return phone call.

I am really quite pissed about this whole situation.
As it stands now it doesn't look good.

Anyway, I think there was someone else here that had a contact for possible production (Catbird? Don from the XD board?) I think sidearmor was interested also. This may be the best route.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!
Maybe I put too much hope into this but a few extra ounces up front was something I was really looking forward to. The P99 trigger is great, ergonimics superb, but muzzle flip especially in the 9mm needs some work. Oh well, maybe I'll find someone to make the tungsten one I wanted...

·
Registered
229 Posts
CKW -

Yes, I am using one of Don's non-captive guide rods that he manufactures for the 4" barrelled Springfield Armory XD in my .40 Auto/.357SIG Walther P99. I have used it with great success in both pistols with a Wolff 24# recoil spring.

BTW, it's pure luck that it fits and functions perfectly in the P99; I found this out by accident just by playing around one day.

If interested, contact Don @ www.hs2000talk.com.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Does anyone know if a Glock recoil spring guide rod assembly will work in a P99, by chance? If so......

1 - 4 of 4 Posts