Walther Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've posted about this before, but it's starting to bother me even more now since it has become worse.

My guide rod in my 04 or 05 P99 QA 9mm bends quite a bit when installed. It bends so much that the middle area sticks out of the slide like a rainbow, and it catches components inside the frame when installing it or breaking it down.

At the beginning I was able to installed the slide by pulling down the break-down levers, that would allow the rainbowed spring to pass over it. But now even when pulling the break-down levers down the spring still catches on every loop. THis is making the process of breaking down or reinstalling the slide very hard, to the point that I feel like I am wearing the pistol down and might possibly break something one of these days.

The simple solution is a metal guide rod.

The legendary Mr. Lunde posted this on his webpage:
http://www.praxagora.com/lunde/WaltherP99FAQ/V/2.html

Has anyone used this metal guide rod, and where could I get one?

·
Registered
95 Posts
I would try giving walther america (S&W) a call...or emailing walther america customer service if you want to wait a week for a response.

Walther
Distributed Exclusively in the
United States by Smith & Wesson
2100 Roosevelt Avenue
Springfield, MA 01102-2208
800-372-6454 Fax: 413-747-3682
[email protected]

i'm sure they will help you buy whatever you need.

·
Registered
821 Posts
You might also try a springco recoil reducer for your P99, it's metal.

However, I hear that it won't really reduce your recoil that much! 

-stunks

P.S. pictures would be very nice, thank you.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
[b said:
Quote[/b] (InfernoMDM @ July 26 2005,06:41)]I told them my problem and they sent one for free.  IT has a blue base.  If you want I'll take a picture of both.
Pictures would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts