Walther Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,784 Posts
I got the metal set from Earl's Repair Service.

The rear sight wouldn't slide into the dovetail on my P99, looked like it would have to be shaved off some on the botton flat. The rear did'nt look to be windage adjustable either. Instead of the "U" white outline the metal rear sight was two dot.

The front was a #4 and had a screw base instead of the little allen head socket.

Diecided to leave the plastics in place!

Unless they are real cheap I'd stick with the stock sights unless something happens. They are a set so I doubt you could get just the front ...but maybe someone here knows different.

·
Premium Member
4,589 Posts
There are many sights for the P99
the ones that come with the P99
the Euro style rear sight
the target style rear sight
night sights (not sure what brand they are for factory night sights.. drift adjustable only)
the red fiberoptic ones
the steel sights (which are only drift adjustable too)
and then I was shown some "glow in the dark" luminous sights while I was there... never seen them on the P99 before

some of them are listed here
http://www.carl-walther.info/dev2/i...g=DE&content=products&hid=2&uid=1&product=334

I think it is hard to just find the front sight alone.....
I would go with sights from Earl as I have read over on the P38 Forum that Claus (germanguns) as of late has not had the best service and some of his stuff gets held up at customs.....I know members here have bought from him over ebay without a problem.... I just wanted to point it out

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I spoke with Earl and he said he could sell me the FRONT night site ONLY and it would work well with my current german rear site.... for $50

thoughts on this?

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well i have seen the mepros in person.... not bad...
i have heard some say they are brighter than the earls trjicons?

·
Registered
358 Posts
Don't buy from that site! They have been under investigation by the BATF. I bought a threaded barrel from them, and a year after I got it the ATF was at my door. Apparently they were selling firearms etc and didn't go through proper import. That said the ATF tried to tell me my threaded barrel was illegal, but all they had on me is not paying a import tax.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts