Walther Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a set of Meprolight ML-18801 night sights for my P99c 9mm. The rear sight seems to missing the rear windage adjustment screw. Does it even come with the rear screw or are you supposed to use the screw from the stock rear sight? The instructions don't mention using the original sight screw but I thought it's worth checking to see if anyone else has run into this before I go any further.

Thanks

·
Registered
4,343 Posts
U are to use the stock screw. The night sights do not come w/ one.

U could buy one from S&W, but I do not think they sell it seperate from the sight blade - so, U'd have to order the whole sight.

I bought an extra sight from S&W last year. Order the S&W SW99 one instead of the Wather one. It is the EXACT same sight (I have both a SW99 and 2 P99s), and it is $10 cheaper because S&W is selling it.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
>U are to use the stock screw. The night sights do not come w/ one.<

Thanks. I just took the screw out of the stock sight and used it in the Meprolite. A bit of a tight fit but it does work. I put the front sight on with a touch of Loctite. Maybe I'll get a chance to try it out tomorrow evening. Thanks for the advice on the S&W sights. I have a P99 on the way and will likey want to ad night sights to it.

·
Registered
4,343 Posts
I wanna say that they want $34 or so for the S&W plastic sight and screw. Ridiculous, but true. The Walther one was like another $10.

Long ago, I dropped my SW99 1 time and dented the plastic edges on the front and rear sights. They did not come off, though - both the front and rear stayed on.

I also had a fullsize Walther p99 2004 frame I bought in early 2006. Dropped the damn thing. Uggg.. It killed me. Damaged the frame and the sights. It bugged me so bad that I sold the gun at a $200 discount. It was my fav gun, and I couldn't believe it. It killed me to look at it damaged. I replaced the sights and sold the gun. Luckily, both times, I was able to get sights for free from people who were kind enough to send them to me.

But, when I got my last P99 A/S fullsize, I have installed an anti grav device so I won't drop it :p - I also ordered extra sights (front and rear) so I wouldn't have to beg again if I ever did drop it. I think it was back in Aug when I ordered it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts