Walther Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just letting everyone know to ignore any PMs or attempts to sell you items. He has been trying to scam people and unfortunately has been paid for an item and did not ship. It’s a great forum with awesome members but these are the people that ruin it for everyone. Don’t do business with him

·
Registered
402 Posts
Sorry to hear about all that.

I'd remind anyone reading this that Zelle, Venmo, Paypal Friends and Family and similar cash transfer apps are all very vulnerable to fraud. It is basically just as risky as sending an envelope of cash in the mail and hoping everything works out for the best.

Credit cards offer insurance and protection against fraud and sometimes even defective products.

If you choose to do cash transfer app, send a check or money order I'd advise that you make sure the seller has impeccable references. A valid gunbroker account in good standing is a place to start. I once even called someone's place of work/business (and I used the number in the phone book, not the one they gave me).

·
Registered
708 Posts
This is a good reason why any Xenforo format needs a form of classifieds feedback, just like on vBulletin/Gunbroker. It would help us weed out scammers.

Another thing to consider is having a minimum amount of posts before one is able to buy or sell items here. Some do not allow buying and/or selling until a minimum of 20-50 posts are made.

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
Another forum I belong to actually has that limit. It is not very high, but you still have to go through the motions of making meaningful posts that the moderators then comb over before you do anything in the buy/sell/trade part of the forum. Maybe an idea moderators??

1 - 5 of 5 Posts