Walther Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have four magazines here. All are .32acp 8 round magazines.

One is the original Manhurin PP magazine with finger extension - functions perfectly.

One is a Mecgar PP magazine that flush fits - functions perfectly.

Two are Mecgar PP magazines with finger extension - these dont work correctly.

Problem is chambering a round with a full magazine. The slide will not "pop" over the round - the magazine spring will not depress down enough to let the slide pass-over the round. Both magazines do this......odd.

The other thing I noticed is all the pictures for the Mecgar finger extension mags show the extension having indented sides exactly like the Walther mags but in fact they do NOT look like this when you get them. They have solid sides on the finger extension.

I think this "different" magazine extension is the problem. If I stick my Manurhin extended floorplate and floorplate catch on the Mecgar magazine it will function perfectly.

Both magazines came from different locations......both had the same problems.

Anyone else have this problem......looks like any of my new magazines will be the flush fitters. I was kinda wanting a new finger extension magazine......bummer.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Hi aaronrkelly.  I have a 1972 model German made PP in .32 and I ordered 2 Mecgar mags for it 3 years back now.  They have the indented sides where as my new S&W version PP mag has the solid side to the finger extension.  The Mecgar mags work 100% reliably in the PP .32; I replaced the springs with Wolff extra strength springs, but looking back I have doubts that it was necessary.  Did you get them from Mecgar?  Could they be for the new S&W version?  Would they swap for the correct ones? I know what you mean, I like the finger extension too; I was just looking at the Walther web site for 2 new PP mags with finger extensions.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts