Walther Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all! New user here, just wanted to check and in and get an opinion...

I've had my P22 about a year now, have about 2 bricks through it, and all is well. The only ammo it doesn't like so far is Aguila(SP?) 60gr SSS, though none of my semi-autos like. No problems with the hammer dragging, and no more misfires then I get with my AR-15/.22 conversion bolt (with a hammer that weighs more then the Walther, hehe). I have both A series and B series magazines, and have seen no difference in function with either. The operational difficulty I've seen is that sometimes my fat thumb drags on the slide when using the release, and I have to tap it forward.

The question I have relates to how my groupings look... I just recently (as in, today) got back and shooting (with 8" of snow on the ground) for the first time since last year. The good news is, my previous muscle tremors are gone, and all my shooting has improved (For comparisons sake, I am able to keep my AR groupings in a nickel at 25yds, which is a HUGE improvement).

My groupings with the P22 have also greatly improved... 5 shots will group 1-1.5" wide at 25'. Not too shabby in my opinion... Except that that 1-1.5" width is in a band 6-8" tall, basically from the middle of the bullseye down to the bottom ring. I could understand it if they were tight in one spot below the bullseye, and I just needed to put a shorter front sight on, but the band weirds me out. Is that something I'm doing, or are the velocities out of the 3.4" barrel vary THAT much? I am shooting Remington Golden Bullet (40gr), which go through the 16" AR just fine as noted above.

(Not sure if it makes a difference, but it was 15 degrees Fahrenheit. However, this was consistent over the course of an hour, well after the barrel got hot.)

Thank you for any input!

·
Registered
76 Posts
Are you keeping your point of aim consistent? If yes, then I don't know.

If you see that shot one was low, but aim for the hole for shot two, in order to improve groups, shot two will be lower than shot one.

Make sure you are keeping your point of aim consistent.

M

1 - 2 of 2 Posts