Walther Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you all think of this Yugoslavian 24/47 Mauser? The guy I got it off of is probably going to sell, in a few months, his K98k to me as well.

This Yugo Mauser has all matching numbers, but his K98k does not. The receiver and bolt match on the German gun, but other numbers do not.

I bought 500 rounds of 8mm Mauser ammo, and will try to get a range report within the next couple of weeks...am thinking this will shoot well, for the bore is in excellent shape.

Cheers! :)

·
Premium Member
6,228 Posts
I think it's fantastic - good for you! My Mauser is a WWII bring-back which was converted into the sweetest hunting rifle in the world by the fellow who brought it home (he was a gunsmith). He jeweled the bolt, affixed a scope and reconfigured the safety to work with the optics in place. I can pick clay pigeons with it at 140 yards. I'm envious in a way because I need to find an original K98 to complete my collection. Yours even has the straight bolt lever too - not many of these to be found because most I've seen have the handle bent downward. It is accurate, completely reliable and powerful enough to stop anything on earth. Enjoy - you've got a real classic there.

-Pilotsteve

1 - 2 of 2 Posts