Walther Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a Q5 Steel Frame Takedown video somewhere I can't find? In particular, I'm struggling with the some of the frame parts. The SF has a different slide catch and barrel attachment area. There is a U shaped part under the barrel forward of the ramp and catch that is loose in place, but I can't figure how to remove? I'm interested in coating the frame and slide and was preparing for that. Another spot is the extractor arm spring. I know it is slightly pressed in, but is there a preferred method of removal? Also looking for an exploded parts view of the SF version if it is around? TIA!!

Chris
Houston, TX

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wow thanks for the quick response @DavidS !!

Looks like it's item 34 Insert I'm struggling with. Any idea to remove? Looks like there's a slight notch and tab setup on the sides. Gently pry up? On the bottom it looks like there's a slight indent for a pry surface? Thanks.

·
Registered
492 Posts
No, I’ve not had the chance to put my hands on a SF model. You could call Walther and talk to one of the service techs. They have helped me out a few times.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks I did call and they helped right away. Good to know they’re there for support like that.

It turns out that part is plastic (I thought it was lube coated steel) and it will pull out ok if done carefully by prying underneath.

I’m going to silver cerakote the frame for a two tone look.

·
Registered
492 Posts
From the diagram, it does look to be something like a press fit.

Please post pics when you get the coating done !

·
Registered
25 Posts
Is there a Q5 Steel Frame Takedown video somewhere I can't find? In particular, I'm struggling with the some of the frame parts. The SF has a different slide catch and barrel attachment area. There is a U shaped part under the barrel forward of the ramp and catch that is loose in place, but I can't figure how to remove? I'm interested in coating the frame and slide and was preparing for that. Another spot is the extractor arm spring. I know it is slightly pressed in, but is there a preferred method of removal? Also looking for an exploded parts view of the SF version if it is around? TIA!!

Chris
Houston, TX
We covered the Q5 Steel Frame in our PPQ Armorer's Bench video: https://panteao.com/product/walther-ppq-armorers-bench/

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ordering tomorrow. Thanks! BTW the lubed coating on the slide improved my rapid fire repeat accuracy quite a bit. Shooting a PSA match tomorrow. I’ll update any improvement over last month.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts