Walther Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Super Moderator
7,506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...you have nothing to gain but a huge flinch.
Read a blurb on another site about the Heizer Defense PK0 .45; it weighs 27 oz and is less than an inch wide.
It is also straight blowback.
There is another thread in the PP forum about the snap in the .380 blowback Walther.
I can't imagine how much fun a .45 in that configuration would be. The tester admitted that it took 4 trips to the range to get thru' a 200 round break-in period.
The gun looked beautifully made, and cleverly engineered; the recoil spring was above the barrel, keeping the bore axis low like the old Smith .22 autos.
In any case, I don't see one in my future. It's an interesting idea, but let's look for a way to slow down that blowback slide. If the recoil spring and the magazine spring aren't working in perfect harmony, there will have to be issues.
Moon

·
Super Moderator
7,506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ROFLMAO! And that High Point would have a slide the size of a paving brick.
Blowback reaches its maximum, in reasonably sized guns, at about 7.65. Bigger leads to unacceptable slide velocity.
Blowback carbines (at least up to 9mm) are another matter; can't say I find them objectionable, tho' the recoil impulse is likely no less than a full powered, gas operated 5.56.
Moon

·
Super Moderator
7,506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
And what is that, he queried? :)
Moon

·
Registered
2,819 Posts
That is a fascinating design.

I wonder how difficult it is to clean the bore from the breach end?

·
Registered
3,337 Posts
Looks like a heavily milled Glock :)

·
Super Moderator
3,958 Posts
Reactions: halfmoonclip

·
Super Moderator
7,506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thankee, Slarty. That was interesting, an H&K squeeze cocker, upside down and crossed with a Glock.
It certainly is simple; if it is reliable and durable, they will be on to something.
Thanks again,
Moon

1 - 11 of 11 Posts