Walther Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody tried these? How's the fit? Pics would be helpful; thanks.

·
Registered
30 Posts
So sorry...I thought we were talking Marschal grips...yes, mine is a PPK/S...didn't mean to offend...I assume Marschal is aware of the difference.

·
Registered
9,555 Posts
No problem at all Terminatorrent, in another thread we are discussing wood grips for PPK pistols and the fact that they are a bit hard to find and that even at that when you find aftermarket sets often they require additional modifications by the owner. The flat grips of the PP and PPK/S are much easier to find and fit. And in a current thread the Author said he purchased a PPK/S and was asking about grips when in fact he had purchased a PPK which of course has entirely different grips. So, just trying to keep the record straight as to what pistol we are talking about.

If Marschal makes grips for PPK pistols that will be great and we can add that to the other thread. 1917

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well, no harm done here fellas, I did mean for the PPK, but since I have a couple PPK/S pistols too, why not include them? As a matter of fact, I just edited the Thread's title to include the PPK/S.

·
Registered
9,555 Posts
I hadn't noticed that you could do that. Over the years you could not change the title of a thread. You could edit the text of your posts but not the title. This was particularly aggravating when you misspelled a word and wanted to correct it. Glad to see an OP can make corrections and changes. I did not know this. 1917

·
Registered
30 Posts
Marschal grips...
Quality = extremely high
Price = fairly high
wait time = can be weeks/months
satifation for me = extremely high
I was so happy with my PPK/s grips that, over the years, I ended up putting Marschal's on my CZ-82 and CZ-52. I couldn't be happier.
As a testiment to their product loyaly, I routinely search for them on EBay and they are rare finds, indeed. Evidentally most owners don't part with them. One of these days I'll add them onto my Radom P64 and Zastava M57A.
The Marschal's web site (marschalgrips.com) hasn't discounted their inventory in years as far as I have seen. I have never seen any "sales". All the ones I purchased "way back when" are now $10-25 higher...and rising, I assume.
I consider them an enhacement ergonomically, visually.
Those craftsmen know their European pistols.

·
Registered
9,555 Posts
I looked at their website and didn't think they were that much more than other grips. I prefer the oiled Walnut myself. The ones with the large PPK letters are my least favorite. There is a bit more work involved in producing PPK grips although these are CAD machined. Usually, you get what you pay for. Put up some pictures when you get em. 1917

·
Registered
126 Posts
My two cents, Marschal grips are by far the nicest, and they are the only company that makes after market wood grips for the PP Super, so you know the fit is good. Here is one of my PPK with i believe are Hogue grips 1st with checkering (did not care for them) then with smooth Rosewood. Also my PP supers with Marschals.
IMG_1459.JPG
Resized_20200802_132639.jpeg
PP Supers 2.jpg

Reactions: Redcat94

·
Registered
232 Posts
I looked at Marschal grips before I bought my Nill grips. Marschals looked great, but I don't think they made them for a Ranger PPK. They made some fine grips and some weird grips, at least to my tastes...the two tone ones were I guess made for the European market.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts