Walther Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking about getting the Q5 SF and I'll probably run the gun in Production or Carry Optics without the magwell.

If I buy the Pro version, I may still keep the magwell if I decide to run limited/open, but I'm wondering whether there is any market interest if I were to sell the 17rd mags (as they retail for ~$80 ea direct from Walther).

So my question is, is anybody buying the 17rd mags with the metal Pro basepads, and what would be a fair market price?

·
Registered
170 Posts
Just buy the regular SF with the 15 round mags.
In production you can only have 10 rounds.
In CO you can get TF +6 basepads that give you 21+1.
In Limited or Open, you'll be at a disadvantage shooting minor.
The TF basepads will cost you less $$ than the "PRO" upgrade, and you can't run a magwell in either Production OR CO.
You can use the magwell if you shoot IDPA ESP or CO, But the 17 round mags won't fit the box and with the +6 TF baseplates they will be too long to be legal in USPSA CO.
Nobody will pay you Walther's price for the 17 round mags
Just get the "non Pro" SF.

Clear as mud?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Fair enough! I was afraid there would be no demand for the mags as most people needing large mags would get a BP kit.

·
Registered
170 Posts
I'm new to shooting and USPSA (May 2019), why is one at a disadvantage ??

Thanks in advance !!
You're at a scoring disadvantage shooting a 9mm in only Limited and Open because of the hit factor advantage given to .40 or .38 super in Open.

No disadvantage in CO or Production since 9mm is the common caliber.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts